|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|340723 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
FUTURE-BASED RISK ASSESSMENT FOR THE SURVIVABILITY OF LONG RANGE ...
William D. Heuck Jr.
|Dewey Subject Code:||355|
Full Title: FUTURE-BASED RISK ASSESSMENT
FOR THE SURVIVABILITY OF
LONG RANGE STRIKE SYSTEMS
The link below takes you to a United States Air Force site that is the portal to the paper. Then follow the directions to get to the paper you want.
The United States Air Force today faces the challenge of allocating development resources to prepare for future force projection requirements. In particular, the Air Force's core competency of Global Attack implies a future capability that can quickly and successfully deliver combat effects anywhere in the world with impunity. Understanding that the future threat environment is dynamic and that continued advancements by adversaries will likely degrade the technical superiority of today's weapon systems, the need arises for a planning model to direct development funding to areas with the greatest probability of successfully defending the strike vehicle of 2035. Examining this problem posed two distinct challenges. The first was to determine the most likely course of Integrated Air Defense System technology through the time period of interest--allowing for plausible disruptive technologies that generate orders-of-magnitude improvement in capability or even change the nature of air defense systems. The second challenge was to characterize future adversaries--requiring a broad look at political and economic trends as presented in AF 2025, SPACECAST 2020 and other relevant future studies. Based on these studies, threat scenarios were generated from technical assessments of emerging technologies and evaluated using the Risk Filtering, Ranking and Management (RFRM) technique (Haimes, 2004) to explore the most severe threats to a future global strike air vehicle. The application of RFRM to the problem created a coherent threat hierarchy that enables the decision maker to examine anticipated hostile systems that may counter key U.S. strengths of stealth, speed, and high altitude operations. Those threat scenarios were then evaluated using decision trees and sensitivity analysis to demonstrate how quantitative tools can be applied to a largely qualitative problem. Finally, this research produced an unclassified model of plausible scenarios and a variable analysis tool that is useful today, but could also be enhanced by the application of current intelligence data and updated technology projections in the future.
"This paper MAY have been transferred from Maxwell AFB to the The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) The Link Below will take you to the search page at the DTIC where you will have to search for the paper. For more information about this Click Here.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Go To DTIC Search Page|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Hardback - Advice
This list was prepared on 11/3/15 at 00:58:56
1. Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese -- Marie Kondo -- was:
1. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear -- Elizabeth Gilbert -- was:
1. Do Unto Animals: A Friendly Guide to How Animals -- Tracey Stewart -- was:
1. Rising Strong -- Brené Brown -- was:
1. Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your -- Joel Osteen -- was:
1. Wake Up Happy: The Dream Big, Win Big Guide to -- Michael Strahan -- was:
1. Agents of Babylon: What the Prophecies of Daniel -- David Jeremiah -- was:
1. 20/20 Diet: Turn Your Weight Loss Vision Into -- Phil McGraw -- was:
1. 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts -- Gary D Chapman -- was:
1. Good Profit: How Creating Value for Others Built -- Charles G. Koch -- was:
1. Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science -- J. Kenji López-Alt -- was:
1. Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think -- Brene Brown -- was:
1. What to Expect When You’re Expecting, 4th Edition -- Heidi Murkoff -- was:
1. NOPI: The Cookbook -- Yotam Ottolenghi -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 10/25/16 at 01:04:38
1. Magnolia Story -- Mark Dagostino -- $15.87
2. Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #11) -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.92
3. Cooking for Jeffrey: A Barefoot Conte -- Ina Garten -- $21.00
4. Whistler -- John Grisham -- $17.37
5. Appetites: A Cookbook -- Anthony Bourdain -- $22.50
6. Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Q -- Gina Homolka -- $18.00
7. Born to Run -- Bruce Springsteen -- $19.50
8. Gravity Falls: Journal 3 Special Edition -- Alex Hirsch -- $150.00
9. Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, -- Rick Riordan -- $11.35
10. Broken Way: A Daring Path into th -- Ann Voskamp -- $14.33
11. 100 Days of Real Food: Fast & Fabulou -- Lisa Leake -- $16.48
12. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secre -- J. K. Rowling -- $23.99
13. Small Great Things: A Novel -- Jodi Picoult -- $17.38
14. Shaken: Discovering Your True Identit -- A. J. Gregory -- $18.75
15. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Th -- J. K. Rowling -- $14.99
16. Two by Two -- Nicholas Sparks -- $16.20
17. Upstream: Selected Essays -- Mary Oliver -- $15.73
18. Gunslinger: The Remarkable, Improbabl -- Jeff Pearlman -- $17.50
19. Night School -- Lee Child -- $16.11
20. Air Fry Everything: Foolproof Recipes -- Meredith Laurence -- $13.72
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 22 ms