|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|318498 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
Aerial Humanitarian Operations: Delivering Strategic Effects
SCOTT V. DETHOMAS
|Dewey Subject Code:||355|
Full Title: Critical Examination of C-130 Programmed Depot Maintenance (PDM) Induction Methodology: Determining PDM Intervals
The link below takes you to a United States Air Force site that is the portal to the paper. Then follow the directions to get to the paper you want.
Aerial delivery of humanitarian relief dates back to 1919 when Army Air Forces delivered aid to flood victims in Texas. Since then, the delivery of aid has become a major element of American military strategy. Historical review of humanitarian operations in Berlin, Iraq, and Afghanistan provides a foundation for understanding the influence of these operations on the attainment of strategic objectives. Through detailed comparison and contrast, the author assesses the strategic effects of humanitarian operations on the overall strategic objectives. The Berlin analysis finds the two closely linked and dependent. Initially used a stopgap measure, the Berlin Airlift evolved into a political tool that contributed to the peaceful negotiation of a potentially volatile situation. Successful delivery of aid allowed more time for other instruments of national power to take effect. In Iraq, the delivery of aid was an afterthought. By the conclusion of hostilities in the Gulf War, thousands of Iraqi Kurds had left their villages seeking shelter along the Iraqi-Turkey border. The American response to a United Nations Resolution authorizing relief for the Kurds was Operation Provide Comfort. Immediate military action included the airdrop of food to refugees along the mountain ranges in northern Iraq. Eventually, the United States strategy shifted to establishing safe havens and the returning of refugees to their original homes. Aerial delivery of aid provided some relief to Iraqi Kurds, but was overshadowed by the successful use of safe havens and the protection provided by the enforcement of no-fly zones in northern Iraq. vii Humanitarian aid delivered in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom presented a unique case of integrated use of instruments of power. Unlike the other examples, American military action in Afghanistan commenced with the simultaneous delivery of aid and bombs. No longer a stopgap measure or afterthought, delivery of humanitarian aid was an integral factor in the overall strategy to defeat the Taliban and win international support for America's global war on terrorism.
"This paper MAY have been transferred from Maxwell AFB to the The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) The Link Below will take you to the search page at the DTIC where you will have to search for the paper. For more information about this Click Here.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Go To DTIC Search Page|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Children's Chapter Books
This list was prepared on 10/21/14 at 00:11:59
1. Maze Runner Series (Maze Runner) -- James Dashner -- was:
2. Dork Diaries 8: Tales from a Not-So-Happily Ever After -- Rachel Renée Russell -- was:
3. Giver (Giver Quartet) -- Lois Lowry -- was:
4. Insurgent (Divergent) -- Veronica Roth -- was:
5. Percy Jackson and the Olympians 5 Book Paperback Boxed Set (new covers ... -- Rick Riordan -- was:
6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck, Book 8 -- Jeff Kinney -- was:
7. Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies) -- Pittacus Lore -- was:
8. Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000 -- Dav Pilkey -- was:
9. Spirit Animals: Book 4: Fire and Ice -- Shannon Hale -- was:
10. Spirit Animals: Book 3: Blood Ties -- Garth Nix -- was:
Children's Chapter Books are books aimed at a children's audience that is more advanced than the short 'booklet' type stories but which is not quite ready for the more advanced 'Young Adult' level.
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 10/25/14 at 01:21:03
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.86
2. Heroes of Olympus Book Five: The -- Rick Riordan -- $11.35
3. Book with No Pictures -- B. J. Novak -- $11.37
4. Gray Mountain: A Novel -- John Grisham -- $17.37
5. Rush Revere and the American Revoluti -- Rush Limbaugh -- $12.85
6. Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up -- Marie Kondo -- $10.71
7. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: -- Thug Kitchen -- $14.61
8. Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Co -- Ina Garten -- $21.00
9. World of Ice & Fire: The Untold H -- George R. R. Martin -- $29.98
10. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matte -- Atul Gawande -- $18.67
11. Me, Inc.: Build an Army of One, Unlea -- Gene Simmons -- $16.20
12. Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman -- Lena Dunham -- $16.80
13. Good Dog: True Stories of Love, Loss, -- David DiBenedetto -- $15.28
14. Minecraft: Construction Handbook: An -- Scholastic -- $5.81
15. Minecraft: The Complete Handbook Coll -- Scholastic -- $20.52
16. Cook’s Illustrated Meat Book: The -- Editors at Cook’s,ILL41 -- $24.00
17. Top Ten Things Dead People Want t -- Mike Dooley -- $15.78
18. Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Ca -- Gina Homolka -- $17.55
19. Yes Please -- Amy Poehler -- $17.85
20. As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from -- Cary Elwes -- $15.95
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 43 ms