|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|340727 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
Aerial Humanitarian Operations: Delivering Strategic Effects
SCOTT V. DETHOMAS
|Dewey Subject Code:||355|
Full Title: Critical Examination of C-130 Programmed Depot Maintenance (PDM) Induction Methodology: Determining PDM Intervals
The link below takes you to a United States Air Force site that is the portal to the paper. Then follow the directions to get to the paper you want.
Aerial delivery of humanitarian relief dates back to 1919 when Army Air Forces delivered aid to flood victims in Texas. Since then, the delivery of aid has become a major element of American military strategy. Historical review of humanitarian operations in Berlin, Iraq, and Afghanistan provides a foundation for understanding the influence of these operations on the attainment of strategic objectives. Through detailed comparison and contrast, the author assesses the strategic effects of humanitarian operations on the overall strategic objectives. The Berlin analysis finds the two closely linked and dependent. Initially used a stopgap measure, the Berlin Airlift evolved into a political tool that contributed to the peaceful negotiation of a potentially volatile situation. Successful delivery of aid allowed more time for other instruments of national power to take effect. In Iraq, the delivery of aid was an afterthought. By the conclusion of hostilities in the Gulf War, thousands of Iraqi Kurds had left their villages seeking shelter along the Iraqi-Turkey border. The American response to a United Nations Resolution authorizing relief for the Kurds was Operation Provide Comfort. Immediate military action included the airdrop of food to refugees along the mountain ranges in northern Iraq. Eventually, the United States strategy shifted to establishing safe havens and the returning of refugees to their original homes. Aerial delivery of aid provided some relief to Iraqi Kurds, but was overshadowed by the successful use of safe havens and the protection provided by the enforcement of no-fly zones in northern Iraq. vii Humanitarian aid delivered in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom presented a unique case of integrated use of instruments of power. Unlike the other examples, American military action in Afghanistan commenced with the simultaneous delivery of aid and bombs. No longer a stopgap measure or afterthought, delivery of humanitarian aid was an integral factor in the overall strategy to defeat the Taliban and win international support for America's global war on terrorism.
"This paper MAY have been transferred from Maxwell AFB to the The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) The Link Below will take you to the search page at the DTIC where you will have to search for the paper. For more information about this Click Here.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Go To DTIC Search Page|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 8/25/15 at 01:56:52
1. Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and -- Erik Larson -- was:
1. I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education -- Malala Yousafzai -- was:
1. Glass Castle: A Memoir -- Jeannette Walls -- was:
1. Outliers: The Story of Success -- Malcolm Gladwell -- was:
1. Walk in the Woods (Movie Tie-In): Rediscovering -- Bill Bryson -- was:
1. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival -- Laura Hillenbrand -- was:
1. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail -- Cheryl Strayed -- was:
1. New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of -- Michelle Alexander -- was:
1. Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace: A -- Jeff Hobbs -- was:
1. David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art -- Malcolm Gladwell -- was:
1. Thinking, Fast and Slow -- Daniel Kahneman -- was:
1. Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks -- Rebecca Skloot -- was:
1. American Sniper [Movie Tie-in Edition]: The -- Chris Kyle -- was:
1. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That -- Susan Cain -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 10/27/16 at 01:04:34
1. Cooking for Jeffrey: A Barefoot Conte -- Ina Garten -- $21.00
2. Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routine -- Timothy Ferriss -- $16.80
3. Magnolia Story -- Mark Dagostino -- $15.87
4. Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #11) -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.92
5. Whistler -- John Grisham -- $17.37
6. Appetites: A Cookbook -- Anthony Bourdain -- $22.50
7. Shaken: Discovering Your True Identit -- A. J. Gregory -- $18.75
8. Truth about Cancer: What You Need -- Ty M. Bollinger -- $14.87
9. Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Q -- Gina Homolka -- $18.00
10. Born to Run -- Bruce Springsteen -- $19.50
11. Broken Way: A Daring Path into th -- Ann Voskamp -- $15.92
12. Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, -- Rick Riordan -- $11.35
13. DanTDM: Trayaurus and the Enchanted C -- Doreen Mulryan Marts -- $11.35
14. Not Dead Yet: The Memoir -- Phil Collins -- $16.80
15. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secre -- J. K. Rowling -- $23.99
16. Small Great Things: A Novel -- Jodi Picoult -- $17.38
17. Susie’s Senior Dogs -- Erin Stanton -- $14.69
18. 99: Stories of the Game -- Kirstie McLellan Day -- $17.68
19. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Th -- J. K. Rowling -- $14.99
20. Two by Two -- Nicholas Sparks -- $16.20
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 27 ms