|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|340423 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
EUGENE F. KRANZ: RESPONSIVE LEADERSHIP FOR MISSION CONTROL
Curt B. Prichard
|Dewey Subject Code:||355|
Full Title: Critical Examination of C-130 Programmed Depot Maintenance (PDM) Induction Methodology: Determining PDM Intervals
The link below takes you to a United States Air Force site that is the portal to the paper. Then follow the directions to get to the paper you want.
The incredible ingenuity and boldness of aviation pioneers during the 1960's produced the foundations, and indeed the greatest achievements, of U.S. manned spaceflight. These trailblazers included not only the astronauts who flew the missions but also the engineers of NASA's Flight Control who were responsible for mission planning and execution. One of these engineers, Eugene F. 'Gene' Kranz, entered the space agency at the beginning of the decade and was immediately thrust into a new world where he would both learn and model the principles of morale, discipline, tough, and competent. In doing so, he would display responsive leadership to exceed a President's challenge, to exemplify mentors' advice, to enable controllers' development, and to ensure crises' resolution. Bringing fighter pilot and flight test engineer experience with him, Gene Kranz's contributions to the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo space programs proved to be immeasurable. With mission setbacks early in Mercury, he began fostering morale and teamwork among the controllers with whom he served. In the eyes and words of Kranz, lessons learned before and after Gemini 3 taught the importance of discipline in the Mission Control ranks. Finally, he delivered his tough and competent speech to the Flight Operations Division after the tragic Apollo 1 fire, stressing the importance of these principles for attaining the lunar prize. With equally intense optimism and organization, Gene Kranz contributed to notable milestones of space exploration that will be remembered forever.
"This paper MAY have been transferred from Maxwell AFB to the The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) The Link Below will take you to the search page at the DTIC where you will have to search for the paper. For more information about this Click Here.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Go To DTIC Search Page|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Children's Chapter Books
This list was prepared on 11/3/15 at 00:48:56
1. Harry Potter Hard Cover Boxed Set: Books #1-7 -- J. K. Rowling -- was:
1. Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children Boxed Set -- Ransom Riggs -- was:
1. Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) -- Stephenie Meyer -- was:
1. Maze Runner Series (Maze Runner) -- James Dashner -- was:
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School -- Jeff Kinney -- was:
1. Descendants: Mal’s Spell Book -- Cassandra Clare -- was:
1. Selection Series Box Set: The Selection, The -- Kiera Cass -- was:
1. Giver Quartet boxed set -- Lois Lowry -- was:
Children's Chapter Books are books aimed at a children's audience that is more advanced than the short 'booklet' type stories but which is not quite ready for the more advanced 'Young Adult' level.
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 5/28/16 at 01:17:22
1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - P -- J. K. Rowling -- $17.99
2. Teacher Swears: Swear Word Adult Colo -- I Love Coloring Books -- $3.99
3. Trials of Apollo, Book 1: The Hid -- Rick Riordan -- $11.99
4. Before the Fall -- Noah Hawley -- $16.82
5. Last Star: The Final Book of The -- Rick Yancey -- $11.61
6. Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging -- Sebastian Junger -- $13.20
7. Grit: The Power of Passion and Persev -- Angela Duckworth -- $16.80
8. Bare Bones: I’m Not Lonely If You’re -- BobBones -- $16.19
9. Gene: An Intimate History -- Siddhartha Mukherjee -- $21.29
10. City of Mirrors: A Novel (Book Th -- Justin Cronin -- $16.80
11. Thank You Book (An Elephant and P -- Mo Willems -- $7.84
12. End of Watch: A Novel (The Bill Hodge -- Stephen King -- $18.00
13. Return to the Isle of the Lost: A Des -- Melissa de la Cruz -- $10.22
14. Meathead: The Science of Great Barbec -- Meathead Goldwyn -- $21.08
15. Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Q -- Gina Homolka -- $22.50
16. Journey Within: Exploring the Pat -- Radhanath Swami -- $19.98
17. Bill O’Reilly’s Legends and Lies: The -- David Fisher -- $21.00
18. Crown (The Selection) -- Kiera Cass -- $11.99
19. Killing the Rising Sun: How America V -- Bill O’Reilly -- $18.00
20. Valiant Ambition: George Washington, -- Nathaniel Philbrick -- $18.00
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 29 ms