|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|338671 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
OPTIMAL DYNAMIC SOARING FOR FULL SIZE SAILPLANES
Randel J. Gordon
|Dewey Subject Code:||355|
Full Title: Critical Examination of C-130 Programmed Depot Maintenance (PDM) Induction Methodology: Determining PDM Intervals
The link below takes you to a United States Air Force site that is the portal to the paper. Then follow the directions to get to the paper you want.
Dynamic soaring is a unique flying technique designed to allow air vehicles to extract energy from horizontal wind shears. Dynamic soaring has been used by seabirds like the Albatross to fly hundreds of kilometers a day across the ocean. Small hobby radio controlled sailplanes have also used this technique to achieve sustained speeds of over 200 miles per hour from just a simple hand toss. Dynamic soaring, however, has never before been studied for use on full size aircraft. The primary goal of this research was to prove or disprove the viability of dynamic soaring for enhancing a full size aircraft's total energy by using a manned sailplane as a demonstration air vehicle. The results of this study will have a direct impact on the sport of soaring, as well as the design of the next generation of large, sailplane-like, robotic planetary explorers for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). This research began with a point mass optimization study of an L-23 Super Blanik sailplane. The primary goal of this study was to develop and analyze optimal dynamic soaring trajectories. A prototype 6 degrees of freedom (DOF) flight simulator was then developed. This simulator helped to validate the dynamic soaring aircraft equations of motion derived for this research and built operational simulator development experience. This experience was then incorporated into a full dynamic soaring research simulator developed at the NASA Dryden Flight Research Facility (NASA DFRC). This NASA simulator was used to develop advanced dynamic soaring flight displays, flight test techniques, and aircrew coordination procedures. Flight test were successfully accomplished using an instrumented L-23 Super Blanik sailplane and advanced weather monitoring equipment. Through modeling and simulation, flight test, and mathematical analysis, this research provided the first documented proof of the energy benefits realized using dynamic soaring techniques in full size sailplanes.
"This paper MAY have been transferred from Maxwell AFB to the The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) The Link Below will take you to the search page at the DTIC where you will have to search for the paper. For more information about this Click Here.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Go To DTIC Search Page|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 1/27/15 at 01:39:16
1. American Sniper [Movie Tie-in Edition] -- Jim DeFelice -- was:
2. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption -- Laura Hillenbrand -- was:
3. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail -- Cheryl Strayed -- was:
4. Boys in the Boat -- Daniel James Brown -- was:
5. Alan Turing -- Andrew Hodges -- was:
6. Outliers: The Story of Success -- Malcolm Gladwell -- was:
7. Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business -- Charles Duhigg -- was:
8. Brief History of Time -- Stephen Hawking -- was:
9. 10% Happier -- Dan Harris -- was:
10. New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness -- Michelle Alexander -- was:
11. Thinking, Fast and Slow -- Daniel Kahneman -- was:
12. Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks -- Rebecca Skloot -- was:
13. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking -- Susan Cain -- was:
14. Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History -- Elizabeth Kolbert -- was:
15. Bossypants -- Tina Fey -- was:
16. Lone Survivor -- Marcus Luttrell -- was:
17. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) -- Mindy Kaling -- was:
18. Citizen: An American Lyric -- Claudia Rankine -- was:
19. Heart of Everything That Is -- Bob Drury -- was:
20. Glass Castle: A Memoir -- Jeannette Walls -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 1/29/15 at 01:14:09
1. Girl on the Train: A Novel -- Paula Hawkins -- $16.29
2. Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask 3D -- Prima Games -- $20.99
3. Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiogr -- Laura Ingalls Wilder -- $26.95
4. Zillow Talk: The New Rules of Real Es -- Spencer Rascoff -- $16.80
5. Teenage Brain: A Neuroscientist’s -- Frances E. Jensen -- $20.96
6. Reaper: Autobiography of One of t -- Nicholas G. Irving -- $16.79
7. 20/20 Diet: Turn Your Weight Loss -- Dr. Phil McGraw -- $15.60
8. Zero Belly Diet: Lose Up to 16 lbs. i -- David Zinczenko -- $14.30
9. Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in -- Jill Leovy -- $17.18
10. Autoimmune Solution: Prevent and -- M. D.,Amy Myers -- $17.12
11. Baseball Prospectus 2015 -- Baseball Prospectus -- $18.14
12. Team Dog: How to Train Your Dog--the -- Mike Ritland -- $19.57
13. Success Principles(TM) - 10th Ann -- Jack Canfield -- $12.00
14. Fairest: The Lunar Chronicles: Levana -- Marissa Meyer -- $10.89
15. Living Well, Spending Less: 12 Secret -- Ruth Soukup -- $9.59
16. America’s Bitter Pill: Money, Politic -- Steven Brill -- $21.62
17. First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2015 ( -- Vikas Bhushan -- $45.45
18. 5 Love Languages: The Secret to L -- Gary D Chapman -- $12.32
19. Everyday Supermodel: My Beauty, F -- Tracy O’Connor -- $16.30
20. Food Babe Way: Break Free from th -- Vani Hari -- $14.85
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 159 ms