|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|331616 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
Knight’s 24-Hour Trainer: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Servi
|Dewey Subject Code:||005|
This book is intended for Microsoft SQL Server database administrators who are not yet familiar with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). You should have enough understanding to be able to run queries manipulating data. This is a beginner level book so far as SSIS is concerned. As such it doesn't cover every little detail but by the end of the book you will have enough information to use SSIS and to get out of the SSIS documentation what you need to know.
The book has a style that I've not seen before. As a book it is rather typical in format beginning with installation and getting started then going on with a series of chapters describing how to use particular features of the software.
After that, however, it gets more interesting. The book includes a DVD that has a presentation that goes with each chapter. The idea is that you read the book then listen to the presentation. That way you get a concise review of what you should have picked up in the chapter. The reviews are given by the three authors of the book, so the presenter clearly understands the points he is discussion.
I suppose though that you could watch the presentation first and then read the chapter for the details.
There is also a web site associated with the book that provides things like the code that you can download rather than having to type in everything in the lesson.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Fiction
This list was prepared on 12/16/14 at 01:42:59
1. Jason (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) -- Laurell K. Hamilton -- was:
2. Gone Girl -- Gillian Flynn -- was:
3. Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld) -- Gena Showalter -- was:
4. Innocence (with bonus short story Wilderness): A Novel -- Dean Koontz -- was:
5. Outlander -- Diana Gabaldon -- was:
6. Lincoln Myth: A Novel (Cotton Malone) -- Steve Berry -- was:
7. Sharp Objects -- Gillian Flynn -- was:
8. Wicked Ways -- Lisa Jackson -- was:
9. Mistress -- James Patterson -- was:
10. Sycamore Row (The Jake Brigance) -- John Grisham -- was:
11. Starry Night: A Christmas Novel -- Debbie Macomber -- was:
12. Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander) -- Diana Gabaldon -- was:
13. Mirage (The Oregon Files) -- Clive Cussler -- was:
14. Dark Places -- Gillian Flynn -- was:
15. Home in Seattle: The Playboy and the Widow\Fallen Angel -- Debbie Macomber -- $7.99
16. Carnal Curiosity: A Stone Barrington Novel -- Stuart Woods -- was:
17. Country Christmas: Buffalo Valley\Return to Promise (Heart of Texas) -- Debbie Macomber -- was:
18. Gods of Guilt (A Lincoln Lawyer Novel) -- Michael Connelly -- was:
19. Best of Me -- Nicholas Sparks -- was:
20. Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) -- George R. R. Martin -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 12/17/14 at 01:08:00
1. MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps -- Tony Robbins -- $16.96
2. Hope to Die (Alex Cross) -- James Patterson -- $14.50
3. You Can’t Make This Up: Miracles, Mem -- Al Michaels -- $20.29
4. Escape (John Puller Series) -- David Baldacci -- $14.00
5. Dungeon Master’s Guide (D&D Core Rule -- Wizards RPG Team -- $29.97
6. Sons of Anarchy: The Official Collect -- Tara Bennett -- $17.97
7. Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiogr -- Laura Ingalls Wilder -- $28.16
8. Kids Stories Book About Minecraft: A -- Minecraft Library -- $5.83
9. World Almanac and Book of Facts 2015 -- Sarah Janssen -- $8.53
10. 20/20 Diet: Turn Your Weight Loss -- Phil McGraw -- $15.60
11. Tom Clancy Full Force and Effect (A J -- Mark Greaney -- $20.23
12. Boston Girl: A Novel -- Anita Diamant -- $17.77
13. Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sa -- Pokemon Company International -- $15.99
14. House of Robots -- James Patterson -- $6.00
15. Strange Library -- Haruki Murakami -- $10.80
16. First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2015 ( -- Vikas Bhushan -- $47.50
17. Keeper: A Life of Saving Goals an -- Tim Howard -- $17.76
18. Mistletoe Promise -- Richard Paul Evans -- $11.99
19. Cinderella Murder: An Under Suspi -- Mary Higgins Clark -- $13.50
20. Bulletproof Diet: Lose up to a Po -- Dave Asprey -- $16.19
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 34 ms