|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|206063 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
Knight’s 24-Hour Trainer: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Servi
|Dewey Subject Code:||005|
This book is intended for Microsoft SQL Server database administrators who are not yet familiar with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). You should have enough understanding to be able to run queries manipulating data. This is a beginner level book so far as SSIS is concerned. As such it doesn't cover every little detail but by the end of the book you will have enough information to use SSIS and to get out of the SSIS documentation what you need to know.
The book has a style that I've not seen before. As a book it is rather typical in format beginning with installation and getting started then going on with a series of chapters describing how to use particular features of the software.
After that, however, it gets more interesting. The book includes a DVD that has a presentation that goes with each chapter. The idea is that you read the book then listen to the presentation. That way you get a concise review of what you should have picked up in the chapter. The reviews are given by the three authors of the book, so the presenter clearly understands the points he is discussion.
I suppose though that you could watch the presentation first and then read the chapter for the details.
There is also a web site associated with the book that provides things like the code that you can download rather than having to type in everything in the lesson.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Hardback - Fiction
This list was prepared on 12/4/13 at 14:40:51
1. First Phone Call from Heaven: A Novel -- Mitch Albom -- was:
2. Sycamore Row -- John Grisham -- was:
3. Dust (A Scarpetta Novel) -- Patricia Cornwell -- was:
4. White Fire (Pendergast) -- Douglas Preston -- was:
5. Goldfinch -- Donna Tartt -- was:
6. Doctor Sleep: A Novel -- Stephen King -- was:
7. Valley of Amazement -- Amy Tan -- was:
8. Longest Ride -- Nicholas Sparks -- was:
9. Mirage (The Oregon Files) -- Clive Cussler -- was:
10. All-Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion: A Novel -- Fannie Flagg -- was:
11. S -- Doug Dorst -- was:
12. Tatiana: An Arkady Renko Novel -- Martin Cruz Smith -- was:
13. We Are Water: A Novel -- Wally Lamb -- was:
14. Identical -- Scott Turow -- was:
15. Luminaries: A Novel (Man Booker Prize) -- Eleanor Catton -- was:
16. Winners: A Novel -- Danielle Steel -- was:
17. Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon: No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency (14) -- Alexander McCall Smith -- was:
18. Aimless Love: New and Selected Poems -- Billy Collins -- was:
19. Inferno -- Dan Brown -- was:
20. Stella Bain -- Anita Shreve -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 12/8/13 at 01:21:49
1. Miracles and Massacres: True and Unto -- Glenn Beck -- $16.20
2. Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthi -- Rick Warren -- $14.99
3. Command Authority (A Jack Ryan Novel) -- Tom Clancy -- $16.90
4. First Phone Call from Heaven: A N -- Mitch Albom -- $12.50
5. Takedown Twenty: A Stephanie Plum Novel -- Janet Evanovich -- $14.00
6. Cross My Heart (Alex Cross) -- James Patterson -- $14.50
7. Gods of Guilt (Lincoln Lawyer) -- Michael Connelly -- $16.13
8. What Does the Fox Say? -- Ylvis -- $10.92
9. Let Me Off at the Top!: My Classy Lif -- Ron Burgundy -- $11.00
10. Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year -- Demi Lovato -- $11.69
11. King and Maxwell (King & Maxwell) -- David Baldacci -- $15.55
12. Kid: The Immortal Life of Ted Wil -- Ben Bradlee Jr. -- $21.42
13. You Herd Me!: I’ll Say It If Nobody E -- Colin Cowherd -- $13.00
14. My Promised Land: The Triumph and Tra -- Ari Shavit -- $17.71
15. World Almanac and Book of Facts 2014 -- Sarah Janssen -- $8.39
16. Daniel Plan Study Guide: 40 Days -- Rick Warren -- $8.86
17. Dust (A Scarpetta Novel) -- Patricia Cornwell -- $16.68
18. Walking Dead Volume 19 TP: March -- Robert Kirkman -- $9.93
19. Five Days in November -- Lisa McCubbin -- $18.00
20. Evolution: The Cutting Edge Guide to -- Joe Manganiello -- $16.04
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 6 ms