|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|318496 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
Statistics in Human Genetics and Molecular Biology
|Dewey Subject Code:||872|
Aimed at the beginning graduate student in statistics, biostatistics, computer science, and related fields in applied mathematics this book is positioned at an interesting place. It presumes that the student has had a good grounding in linear algebra and basic calculus along with some study of general statistics where calculus is used. It then presents a graduate level course in statistics, but specialized in those statistical procedures which have proven useful in the biological sciences.
As such the book spends time on just those techniques rather than being a general course in statistics. The unifying theme revolves around the basic questions: What does this segment of DNA do and which segment of DNA does that.
Along the way the book gives the student some background in biology, computer science, statistics and bioinformatics that enables him to understand just what it is that he is trying to accomplish and that subsequently he can use this knowledge when facing actual problems found in research.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Advice
This list was prepared on 10/21/14 at 00:42:46
1. ObamaCare Survival Guide -- Nick Tate -- was:
2. 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts -- Gary D Chapman -- was:
3. Beauty Detox Foods -- Kimberly Snyder -- was:
4. What to Expect When You’re Expecting, 4th Edition -- Heidi Murkoff -- was:
5. Gifts of Imperfection -- Brené Brown -- was:
6. Forks Over Knives - The Cookbook -- Isa Chandra Moskowitz -- was:
7. Eat to Live -- Joel Fuhrman -- was:
8. Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You -- Jessica Alba -- was:
9. Clean -- Expanded Edition -- Alejandro Junger -- was:
10. Happiness Project -- Gretchen Rubin -- was:
11. Practical Paleo -- Diane Sanfilippo BS NC -- was:
12. Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself -- Michael A. Singer -- was:
13. To Heaven and Back -- Mary C. Neal -- was:
14. Outsource Smart -- Daven Michaels -- was:
15. From Mama’s Table to Mine -- BobDeen -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 10/24/14 at 01:13:12
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.86
2. Heroes of Olympus Book Five: The -- Rick Riordan -- $11.35
3. Book with No Pictures -- B. J. Novak -- $11.37
4. Killing Patton: The Strange Death of -- Martin Dugard -- $18.00
5. Gray Mountain: A Novel -- John Grisham -- $17.34
6. Rush Revere and the American Revoluti -- Rush Limbaugh -- $12.85
7. Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Co -- Ina Garten -- $21.00
8. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: -- Thug Kitchen -- $14.61
9. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matte -- Atul Gawande -- $18.67
10. Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up -- Marie Kondo -- $10.93
11. World of Ice & Fire: The Untold H -- George R. R. Martin -- $29.98
12. Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman -- Lena Dunham -- $16.80
13. Cook’s Illustrated Meat Book: The -- Editors at Cook’s,ILL41 -- $26.68
14. Top Ten Things Dead People Want t -- Mike Dooley -- $16.01
15. Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Ca -- Gina Homolka -- $17.55
16. Minecraft: Construction Handbook: An -- Scholastic -- $5.81
17. Minecraft: The Complete Handbook Coll -- Scholastic -- $20.52
18. Leaving Time: A Novel -- Jodi Picoult -- $16.80
19. Yes Please -- Amy Poehler -- $17.85
20. As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from -- Cary Elwes -- $15.91
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 43 ms