|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|230053 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
Seven Days and Seven Nights
|Dewey Subject Codes:||920||947||B||Biography|
A young Jew eagerly awaits the liberating Soviet Army at the end of WWII. But as the euphoria subsides, he turns against his liberators, goes underground against the Marxist tyranny, becomes a reporter for Free Europe Radio. During this metamorphosis he encounters intrigue, love, execution, suicide, the cruelty of the Hungarian Secret Police and much more.
Comment By: Unknown commentator – Some Town, Some Where – March 20, 2001, 16:29
Dangers of consciousness, August 16, 2000 Reviewer: A reader from Manitoba, CANADA Seven Days and Seven Nights is a book that I would recommend for every young people who wants to understand the World we live in today. I would also recommend it for those older generations who didn't know what was going on behind the 'Iron Curtain' of Eastern-Europe. This novel is about history, self-consciousness, humanity, moral choices, intellectual freedom and love. Please, read it to understand what communism is all about and why you should say - 'No! Never again!' Read to understand what are the common elements of fascism and communism, the two most cruel, dictatoric regimes of human existence. The book is about 'lived through history' - pain, joy, tears - in their natural manifestations. This is not academic history - the story flows with excitement and thrill and you're not going to put the book down. The author gives us several details on Hungarian names and historical events to understand his references. Mr.Szegedy's insights on politics, history and arts show that education of his time gave not only the factual material to the students but the passion toward culture and sciences as well. His intellectual struggle with being a Jew and a Hungarian is still a very vivid question - and after almost half a century - is still a very sensitive subject in the day-to-day reality of Eastern-European nations. This is a bitter but somehow optimistic story ends in 1956. The happenings of the following decades since showed us that communism and freedom are antagonistic concepts despite of the milder appearance of the socialist-communist regime (gulash-communism). The fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 hopefully closed this miserable chapter of our time, but the struggling economies of those ex-communist countries show that the damage is much deeper. It has affected the common consciousness, the everyday morale of the people and weakened the spritual strenght of those nations. It will take some time to recover...
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Text Files and HTML|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Advice
This list was prepared on 3/4/14 at 13:20:51
1. ObamaCare Survival Guide -- Nick Tate -- was:
2. 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts -- Gary Chapman -- was:
3. Beauty Detox Foods -- Kimberly Snyder -- was:
4. What to Expect When You’re Expecting, 4th Edition -- Heidi Murkoff -- was:
5. Gifts of Imperfection -- Brené Brown -- was:
6. Forks Over Knives - The Cookbook -- Isa Chandra Moskowitz -- was:
7. Eat to Live -- Joel Fuhrman -- was:
8. Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You -- Jessica Alba -- was:
9. Clean -- Expanded Edition -- Alejandro Junger -- was:
10. Happiness Project -- Gretchen Rubin -- was:
11. Practical Paleo -- Diane Sanfilippo BS NC -- was:
12. Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself -- Michael A. Singer -- was:
13. To Heaven and Back -- Mary C. Neal -- was:
14. Outsource Smart -- Daven Michaels -- was:
15. From Mama’s Table to Mine -- BobDeen -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 3/7/14 at 01:05:05
1. Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox -- Mark Hyman M. D. -- $17.27
2. Rush Revere and the First Patriots: T -- Rush Limbaugh -- $12.64
3. Uganda Be Kidding Me -- Chelsea Handler -- $15.87
4. Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Arc -- Brandon Sanderson -- $17.89
5. Jo Frost’s Toddler Rules: Your 5-Step -- Jo Frost -- $12.83
6. Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 V -- Angela Liddon -- $16.34
7. Dark Souls II Collector’s Edition Str -- Future Press -- $20.99
8. Shadow Spell: Book Two of The Cousins -- Nora Roberts -- $9.98
9. Minecraft: Redstone Handbook: An Offi -- Scholastic -- $6.07
10. Redeployment -- Phil Klay -- $16.17
11. Success Through Stillness: Meditation -- Russell Simmons -- $12.61
12. Being a Teen: Everything Teen Girls & -- Jane Fonda -- $11.48
13. Future of the Mind: The Scientifi -- Michio Kaku -- $21.42
14. Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and t -- Jeff Pearlman -- $18.26
15. Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural Hi -- Elizabeth Kolbert -- $21.17
16. Hard Thing About Hard Things: Bui -- Ben Horowitz -- $19.17
17. Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hun -- Suzanne Collins -- $8.21
18. I Can See Clearly Now -- Wayne W. Dyer -- $16.77
19. How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook -- Editors a. A. T. Kitchen -- $16.49
20. Walking Dead Volume 20: All Out W -- Robert Kirkman -- $13.32
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 10 ms