|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|339347 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
On Basilisk Station
|Dewey Subject Codes:||813||F||Fiction||SF||Science Fiction|
The beginning of a hot series featuring Honor Harrington, a female starship captain. Someone, unfortunately not me said; "Not great literature, but a damn fine read." This is a new book, read it at your peril, this is an addictive series. The publisher obviously feels that this is a teaser to get you to read the whole series and to buy the books. This book was first published as a paperback and now has been issued as a hardback.
Comment By: Gunny – Nassau, Bahamas – July 9, 2000, 15:30
Just what you said is true. I caution anyone from downloading this book unless you are ready to risk getting hooked. After reading the first book here, I had to go out and buy all the rest of the series.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Fiction
This list was prepared on 5/26/15 at 00:52:09
1. Whiskey Beach -- Nora Roberts -- was:
2. Cat’s Lair (Leopard) -- Christine Feehan -- was:
3. Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) -- George R. R. Martin -- was:
4. Remains of Innocence: A Brady Novel of Suspense (Joanna Brady Mysteries) -- J. A. Jance -- was:
5. Longest Ride -- Nicholas Sparks -- was:
6. Outlander -- Diana Gabaldon -- was:
7. Target (Will Robie Series) -- David Baldacci -- was:
8. Back on Blossom Street (A Blossom Street Novel) -- Debbie Macomber -- was:
9. I’ve Got You Under My Skin: A Novel (An Under Suspicion Novel) -- Mary Higgins Clark -- was:
10. Identical -- Scott Turow -- was:
11. Tom Clancy’s Op-Center: Out of the Ashes -- Dick Couch -- was:
12. Natchez Burning: A Novel (Penn Cage Novels) -- Greg Iles -- was:
13. Private Down Under -- James Patterson -- was:
14. Hold Me (Fool’s Gold) -- Susan Mallery -- was:
15. Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander) -- Diana Gabaldon -- was:
16. Gone Girl -- Gillian Flynn -- was:
17. Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2) -- George R. R. Martin -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 5/26/15 at 01:12:19
1. Wright Brothers -- David McCullough -- $18.00
2. Go Set a Watchman: A Novel -- Harper Lee -- $16.07
3. Finders Keepers: A Novel -- Stephen King -- $18.00
4. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collector’s -- David S. J. Hodgson -- $24.94
5. Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbe -- David Perlmutter -- $16.38
6. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Que -- Ashlee Vance -- $21.14
7. Among Heroes: A U.S. Navy SEAL’s True -- John David Mann -- $17.51
8. Seveneves: A Novel -- Neal Stephenson -- $21.14
9. Undemocratic: How Unelected, Unaccoun -- Jay Sekulow -- $16.19
10. Primates of Park Avenue: A Memoir -- Wednesday Martin Ph.D. -- $16.06
11. In Real Life: My Journey to a Pixelat -- Joey Graceffa -- $9.85
12. American Wife: A Memoir of Love, War, -- Jim DeFelice -- $17.21
13. On the Move: A Life -- Oliver Sacks -- $18.03
14. Silencing: How the Left is Killin -- Kirsten Powers -- $16.79
15. Heir (The Selection) -- Kiera Cass -- $12.28
16. Luckiest Girl Alive: A Novel -- Jessica Knoll -- $15.00
17. 14th Deadly Sin (Women’s Murder Club) -- James Patterson -- $16.80
18. Quartet: Orchestrating the Second -- Joseph J. Ellis -- $18.16
19. Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How -- Peter Schweizer -- $17.28
20. In the Unlikely Event -- Judy Blume -- $16.77
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 37 ms