|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|339728 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
Working 101: Everything You Need to Know to Be Happy and Successful at Work
|Dewey Subject Codes:||158||658||Business - Small|
We spend an awful lot of time in school. Then at the end of the process they give us a sheet of paper and kick us out into the work force. We have no idea what we will be or even should be expecting. This little textbook (I'm kidding, it's not a textbook) is one that should be given to everyone about a year before they finish school. That will give them time to read it, think about it, perhaps talk to a few people about what to expect in the workforce, and then time to read it again before they start looking for a job and then going to work.
The book is written in the form of eighteen lessons. They have titles like: success at work, Serving your customers, Managing time, communicating, dealing with change. Intermixed with the lessons you will find a great deal of humor. Overall it reminds me somewhat of the books by the late Peter McWilliams such as Life 101...And I'm going to end with a short poem from page 9 --
It's just a job.
Grass grows, birds fly,
waves pound the sand.
I beat people up.
-- Muhammad Ali
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Fiction
This list was prepared on 9/1/15 at 00:49:45
1. Mean Streak -- Sandra Brown -- was:
1. Martian -- Andy Weir -- was:
1. Never Die Alone (A Bentz/Montoya Novel) -- Lisa Jackson -- was:
1. Unlucky 13 (Women’s Murder Club) -- James Patterson -- was:
1. Love Letters: A Rose Harbor Novel -- Debbie Macomber -- was:
1. Obsession in Death -- J. D. Robb -- was:
1. Flesh and Blood: A Scarpetta Novel (Kay Scarpetta) -- Patricia Cornwell -- was:
1. Perfect Life: A Novel -- Danielle Steel -- was:
1. Thrill Me (Fool’s Gold) -- Susan Mallery -- was:
1. Irish Hearts: Irish Thoroughbred\Irish Rose -- Nora Roberts -- was:
1. Matchmaker: A Novel -- Elin Hilderbrand -- was:
1. Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) -- George R. R. Martin -- was:
1. I Am Pilgrim: A Thriller -- Terry Hayes -- was:
1. Forgotten (Krewe of Hunters) -- Heather Graham -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 9/2/15 at 01:22:44
1. Girl in the Spider’s Web: A Lisbe -- David Lagercrantz -- $16.00
2. Purity: A Novel -- Jonathan Franzen -- $14.95
3. Rising Strong -- Brené Brown -- $15.88
4. For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a -- Jen Hatmaker -- $12.90
5. Day the Crayons Came Home -- Drew Daywalt -- $11.72
6. Exceptional: Why the World Needs a Po -- Dick Cheney -- $14.67
7. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.92
8. Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel -- Lee Child -- $16.27
9. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: -- Piggyback -- $21.48
10. Sisters in Law: How Sandra Day O’Conn -- Linda Hirshman -- $15.94
11. Queen of Shadows: Throne of Glass 4 -- Sarah J. Maas -- $11.71
12. Plunder and Deceit -- Mark R. Levin -- $16.20
13. Relentless Strike: The Secret History -- Sean Naylor -- $19.41
14. It IS About Islam: Exposing the Truth -- Glenn Beck -- $8.81
15. Fail, Fail Again, Fail Better: Wise A -- Pema Chödrön -- $10.81
16. Aftermath: Star Wars: Journey to Star -- Chuck Wendig -- $16.80
17. Endzone: The Rise, Fall, and Return o -- John U. Bacon -- $15.70
18. Shepherd’s Crown (Tiffany Aching) -- Terry Pratchett -- $10.65
19. X (A Kinsey Millhone Novel) -- Sue Grafton -- $17.37
20. Fate of Ten (Lorien Legacies) -- Pittacus Lore -- $11.79
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 39 ms