|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|206063 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
Murach’s Visual Basic 2005: Training & Reference
|Dewey Subject Code:||006|
Altho nominally this is a book on programming using Microsoft's Visual Basic language, it is actually far more than that because so much of Microsoft's development level software is tied together. Specifically this book covers:
Programming in Visual Basic
the Visual Studio IDE
Microsoft's .NET Framework
Visual Basic is best programmed using Microsoft's Visual studio which is an integrated development environment or IDE. This is a software system that includes a text editor optimized for writing Visual Basic as well as other tools to facilitate the programming effort.
.NET is Microsoft's main approach to capturing the enterprise marketplace like they have done with the desktop. It remains to be seen just how successful they will be in convincing main stream developers to use .NET, but it is a system that should be understood before being immediately rejected.
SQL Server is Microsoft's heavy duty database (as opposed to the desktop databases such as Access and FoxPro). Database design and programming is a full blown programming area of its own, but there is enough in this book to get you started on applications development.
XML is the newest concept in exchanging information between computers. It is also the foundation for information storage and exchange in the .NET framework. Again, the coverage of XML in this book is by no means complete, but you will more than grasp the fundamentals.
CONCLUSION: There is an awful lot in this book. It basically covers applications developmnent and the fact that it uses Visual Basic to do it is almost incidental. This is a great way to get started.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Hardback - Fiction
This list was prepared on 12/4/13 at 14:40:51
1. First Phone Call from Heaven: A Novel -- Mitch Albom -- was:
2. Sycamore Row -- John Grisham -- was:
3. Dust (A Scarpetta Novel) -- Patricia Cornwell -- was:
4. White Fire (Pendergast) -- Douglas Preston -- was:
5. Goldfinch -- Donna Tartt -- was:
6. Doctor Sleep: A Novel -- Stephen King -- was:
7. Valley of Amazement -- Amy Tan -- was:
8. Longest Ride -- Nicholas Sparks -- was:
9. Mirage (The Oregon Files) -- Clive Cussler -- was:
10. All-Girl Filling Station’s Last Reunion: A Novel -- Fannie Flagg -- was:
11. S -- Doug Dorst -- was:
12. Tatiana: An Arkady Renko Novel -- Martin Cruz Smith -- was:
13. We Are Water: A Novel -- Wally Lamb -- was:
14. Identical -- Scott Turow -- was:
15. Luminaries: A Novel (Man Booker Prize) -- Eleanor Catton -- was:
16. Winners: A Novel -- Danielle Steel -- was:
17. Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon: No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency (14) -- Alexander McCall Smith -- was:
18. Aimless Love: New and Selected Poems -- Billy Collins -- was:
19. Inferno -- Dan Brown -- was:
20. Stella Bain -- Anita Shreve -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 12/8/13 at 01:21:49
1. Miracles and Massacres: True and Unto -- Glenn Beck -- $16.20
2. Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthi -- Rick Warren -- $14.99
3. Command Authority (A Jack Ryan Novel) -- Tom Clancy -- $16.90
4. First Phone Call from Heaven: A N -- Mitch Albom -- $12.50
5. Takedown Twenty: A Stephanie Plum Novel -- Janet Evanovich -- $14.00
6. Cross My Heart (Alex Cross) -- James Patterson -- $14.50
7. Gods of Guilt (Lincoln Lawyer) -- Michael Connelly -- $16.13
8. What Does the Fox Say? -- Ylvis -- $10.92
9. Let Me Off at the Top!: My Classy Lif -- Ron Burgundy -- $11.00
10. Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year -- Demi Lovato -- $11.69
11. King and Maxwell (King & Maxwell) -- David Baldacci -- $15.55
12. Kid: The Immortal Life of Ted Wil -- Ben Bradlee Jr. -- $21.42
13. You Herd Me!: I’ll Say It If Nobody E -- Colin Cowherd -- $13.00
14. My Promised Land: The Triumph and Tra -- Ari Shavit -- $17.71
15. World Almanac and Book of Facts 2014 -- Sarah Janssen -- $8.39
16. Daniel Plan Study Guide: 40 Days -- Rick Warren -- $8.86
17. Dust (A Scarpetta Novel) -- Patricia Cornwell -- $16.68
18. Walking Dead Volume 19 TP: March -- Robert Kirkman -- $9.93
19. Five Days in November -- Lisa McCubbin -- $18.00
20. Evolution: The Cutting Edge Guide to -- Joe Manganiello -- $16.04
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 8 ms