|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|340621 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
Persuasion: Social Influence and Compliance Gaining (3rd Edition)
John S. Seiter
|Dewey Subject Codes:||792||Entertainment - Performing Arts|
I'm writing this just at the end of the 2006 elections. I can't imagine how many millions were spent trying to persuade me that this candidate or that question on the ballot should be my choice. I'm astounded at how many phone calls I've received from Laura Bush, or that candidate who just wants to set the record straight about the lies her opponnent has been telling about her. And then there are the outright lies. The people for Question 4 tell us that this will eliminate smoking in public places and we should vote for 4 but not for 5. Question 4 relaxes some of the current laws, Question 5 strongly limits smoking nearly everywhere but casinos and brothels. Oh, and did I tell you about this fellow in Nigeria with the huge amount of money that's tied up in his country and if I will just pay some transfer fees....
This book looks at all aspects of persuasion from a scientific point of view. It's useful from two directions, how to be more persuasive, and how to resist persuasion. Most important, it's how to understand what's happening in out world.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Hardback - Advice
This list was prepared on 11/3/15 at 00:58:56
1. Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese -- Marie Kondo -- was:
1. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear -- Elizabeth Gilbert -- was:
1. Do Unto Animals: A Friendly Guide to How Animals -- Tracey Stewart -- was:
1. Rising Strong -- Brené Brown -- was:
1. Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your -- Joel Osteen -- was:
1. Wake Up Happy: The Dream Big, Win Big Guide to -- Michael Strahan -- was:
1. Agents of Babylon: What the Prophecies of Daniel -- David Jeremiah -- was:
1. 20/20 Diet: Turn Your Weight Loss Vision Into -- Phil McGraw -- was:
1. 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts -- Gary D Chapman -- was:
1. Good Profit: How Creating Value for Others Built -- Charles G. Koch -- was:
1. Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science -- J. Kenji López-Alt -- was:
1. Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think -- Brene Brown -- was:
1. What to Expect When You’re Expecting, 4th Edition -- Heidi Murkoff -- was:
1. NOPI: The Cookbook -- Yotam Ottolenghi -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 8/30/16 at 01:15:56
1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Pa -- J. K. Rowling -- $17.98
2. Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel -- Lysa TerKeurst -- $9.98
3. Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind -- Shauna Niequist -- $13.79
4. Underground Railroad (Oprah’s Boo -- Colson Whitehead -- $16.17
5. Clean House: Exposing Our Government’ -- Tom Fitton -- $18.02
6. Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo -- Amy Schumer -- $16.80
7. Light Between Oceans: A Novel -- M. L. Stedman -- $8.50
8. Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #11) -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.92
9. Spice and Wolf Anniversary Collector’ -- Isuna Hasekura -- $150.00
10. Great Reckoning: A Novel (Chief Ins -- Louise Penny -- $17.99
11. How to Read Water: Clues and Patterns -- Tristan Gooley -- $13.46
12. Medical Medium Life-Changing Foods: S -- Anthony William -- $17.99
13. Nix: A novel -- Nathan Hill -- $18.98
14. Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass) -- Sarah J. Maas -- $12.11
15. Without Rival: Embrace Your Identity -- Lisa Bevere -- $9.40
16. Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, -- Rick Riordan -- $11.35
17. No Man’s Land (John Puller Series) -- David Baldacci -- $16.50
18. Ghosts -- Raina Telgemeier -- $6.55
19. Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts -- Nintendo -- $23.99
20. Torch Against the Night (An Ember i -- Sabaa Tahir -- $13.68
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 33 ms