|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|340556 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
Persuasion: Social Influence and Compliance Gaining (3rd Edition)
John S. Seiter
|Dewey Subject Codes:||792||Entertainment - Performing Arts|
I'm writing this just at the end of the 2006 elections. I can't imagine how many millions were spent trying to persuade me that this candidate or that question on the ballot should be my choice. I'm astounded at how many phone calls I've received from Laura Bush, or that candidate who just wants to set the record straight about the lies her opponnent has been telling about her. And then there are the outright lies. The people for Question 4 tell us that this will eliminate smoking in public places and we should vote for 4 but not for 5. Question 4 relaxes some of the current laws, Question 5 strongly limits smoking nearly everywhere but casinos and brothels. Oh, and did I tell you about this fellow in Nigeria with the huge amount of money that's tied up in his country and if I will just pay some transfer fees....
This book looks at all aspects of persuasion from a scientific point of view. It's useful from two directions, how to be more persuasive, and how to resist persuasion. Most important, it's how to understand what's happening in out world.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Children's Chapter Books
This list was prepared on 11/3/15 at 00:48:56
1. Harry Potter Hard Cover Boxed Set: Books #1-7 -- J. K. Rowling -- was:
1. Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children Boxed Set -- Ransom Riggs -- was:
1. Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) -- Stephenie Meyer -- was:
1. Maze Runner Series (Maze Runner) -- James Dashner -- was:
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School -- Jeff Kinney -- was:
1. Descendants: Mal’s Spell Book -- Cassandra Clare -- was:
1. Selection Series Box Set: The Selection, The -- Kiera Cass -- was:
1. Giver Quartet boxed set -- Lois Lowry -- was:
Children's Chapter Books are books aimed at a children's audience that is more advanced than the short 'booklet' type stories but which is not quite ready for the more advanced 'Young Adult' level.
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 7/30/16 at 01:15:05
1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - P -- J. K. Rowling -- $17.99
2. Hillary’s America: The Secret History -- Dinesh D’Souza -- $17.99
3. Truly Madly Guilty -- Liane Moriarty -- $16.19
4. Girl on the Train: A Novel -- Paula Hawkins -- $9.89
5. Gravity Falls: Journal 3 -- Alex Hirsch -- $11.99
6. Playing With Power: Nintendo NES Clas -- Garitt Rocha -- $26.99
7. Philippians: The Joy of Christian Liv -- Darlene Schacht -- $7.77
8. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Th -- J. K. Rowling -- $14.99
9. Liars: How Progressives Exploit Our F -- Glenn Beck -- $16.20
10. Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel -- Lysa TerKeurst -- $10.01
11. After You: A Novel -- Jojo Moyes -- $9.60
12. Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How -- Peter Schweizer -- $10.45
13. Last Punisher: A SEAL Team THREE -- Kevin Lacz -- $17.08
14. Undeniable: How Biology Confirms Our -- Douglas Axe -- $17.22
15. Black Widow -- Daniel Silva -- $16.79
16. Land of Stories: An Author’s Odyssey -- Chris Colfer -- $11.35
17. Born to Run -- Bruce Springsteen -- $22.74
18. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secre -- J. K. Rowling -- $23.99
19. Cartel 6: The Demise -- JaQuavis Coleman -- $7.32
20. Woman in Cabin 10 -- Ruth Ware -- $11.44
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 27 ms