|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|340418 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
Persuasion: Social Influence and Compliance Gaining (3rd Edition)
John S. Seiter
|Dewey Subject Codes:||792||Entertainment - Performing Arts|
I'm writing this just at the end of the 2006 elections. I can't imagine how many millions were spent trying to persuade me that this candidate or that question on the ballot should be my choice. I'm astounded at how many phone calls I've received from Laura Bush, or that candidate who just wants to set the record straight about the lies her opponnent has been telling about her. And then there are the outright lies. The people for Question 4 tell us that this will eliminate smoking in public places and we should vote for 4 but not for 5. Question 4 relaxes some of the current laws, Question 5 strongly limits smoking nearly everywhere but casinos and brothels. Oh, and did I tell you about this fellow in Nigeria with the huge amount of money that's tied up in his country and if I will just pay some transfer fees....
This book looks at all aspects of persuasion from a scientific point of view. It's useful from two directions, how to be more persuasive, and how to resist persuasion. Most important, it's how to understand what's happening in out world.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Fiction
This list was prepared on 11/3/15 at 01:25:23
1. Deadline: A Virgil Flowers Novel -- John Sandford -- was:
1. Gray Mountain: A Novel -- John Grisham -- was:
1. Cold Cold Heart -- Tami Hoag -- was:
1. Hope to Die (Alex Cross) -- James Patterson -- was:
1. Mr. Miracle: A Christmas Novel -- Debbie Macomber -- was:
1. Escape (John Puller Series) -- David Baldacci -- was:
1. Trading Christmas: The Forgetful Bride -- Debbie Macomber -- was:
1. Willow Brook Road (A Chesapeake Shores Novel) -- Sherryl Woods -- was:
1. Double Down (The Men Of The Sisterhood) -- Fern Michaels -- was:
1. Cinderella Murder: An Under Suspicion Novel -- Mary Higgins Clark -- was:
1. Job: A Fox and O’Hare Novel -- Janet Evanovich -- was:
1. Evergreen Springs (Haven Point) -- RaeAnne Thayne -- was:
1. Down the Rabbit Hole -- J. D. Robb -- was:
1. Hidden (Krewe of Hunters) -- Heather Graham -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 5/25/16 at 01:09:46
1. Me Before You: A Novel (Movie Tie-In) -- Jojo Moyes -- $6.73
2. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - P -- J. K. Rowling -- $17.99
3. Trials of Apollo, Book 1: The Hid -- Rick Riordan -- $11.99
4. Last Star: The Final Book of The -- Rick Yancey -- $11.61
5. Grit: The Power of Passion and Persev -- Angela Duckworth -- $16.80
6. Gene: An Intimate History -- Siddhartha Mukherjee -- $21.51
7. Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging -- Sebastian Junger -- $13.20
8. Bare Bones: I’m Not Lonely If You’re -- BobBones -- $16.19
9. City of Mirrors: A Novel (Book Th -- Justin Cronin -- $17.52
10. Helping Children Succeed: What Works -- Paul Tough -- $15.49
11. Thank You Book (An Elephant and P -- Mo Willems -- $7.63
12. Return to the Isle of the Lost: A Des -- Melissa de la Cruz -- $10.22
13. Valiant Ambition: George Washington, -- Nathaniel Philbrick -- $18.00
14. Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of -- Phil Knight -- $17.40
15. Crown (The Selection) -- Kiera Cass -- $11.99
16. End of Watch: A Novel (The Bill Hodge -- Stephen King -- $18.00
17. Our Great Big Backyard -- Laura Bush -- $12.09
18. It’s Not Okay: Turning Heartbreak int -- Andi Dorfman -- $14.88
19. Magnolia Story -- Mark Dagostino -- $15.90
20. Journey Within: Exploring the Pat -- Radhanath Swami -- $17.13
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 44 ms