|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|340175 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
|Dewey Subject Codes:||128||813||F||Fiction|
There are some questions the all of the great minds in the past centuries have asked themselves, perhaps they answered them, perhaps they didn't but it doesn't matter because all of us continue to ask ourselves the same questions. You know the kind of questions I am talking about, those that involve life, death, why.
The questions may have answers to some of us. Some will answer from a religious viewpoint with the absolute certainty of faith. Many of these will answer with absolute certainty but have different answers based on their own particular religion.
This book, a novel in official form, is about a person finding the questions and seeking answers. The book is by a motivational speaker who has narrowed these questions down to three. In the book, the characters work through answering the questions and in a charming why that makes for delightful reading.
I don't know why, but I find that I was continuously thinking of the famous poem called Desiderata which says in part:
'You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.'
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Hardback - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 11/3/15 at 01:13:56
1. Binge -- Tyler Oakley -- was:
1. More Perfect Union: What We the People Can Do to -- Ben Carson M. D. -- was:
1. Humans of New York: Stories -- Brandon Stanton -- was:
1. M Train -- Patti Smith -- was:
1. Between the World and Me -- Ta-Nehisi Coates -- was:
1. Unfaithful Music & Disappearing Ink -- Elvis Costello -- was:
1. Why Not Me? -- Mindy Kaling -- was:
1. Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win -- Jocko Willink -- was:
1. Last of the President’s Men -- Bob Woodward -- was:
1. Common Struggle: A Personal Journey Through the -- Patrick J. Kennedy -- was:
1. I Feel Like Going On: Life, Game, and Glory -- Ray Lewis -- was:
1. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End -- Atul Gawande -- was:
1. Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things -- Jenny Lawson -- was:
1. Lafayette in the Somewhat United States -- Sarah Vowell -- was:
1. Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter -- Kate Clifford Larson -- was:
1. Wright Brothers -- David McCullough -- was:
1. Courage to Act: A Memoir of a Crisis and Its -- Ben S. Bernanke -- was:
1. Saving Capitalism: For the Many, Not the Few -- Robert B. Reich -- was:
1. Devil’s Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and -- David Talbot -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 2/7/16 at 01:12:45
1. When Breath Becomes Air -- Paul Kalanithi -- $15.00
2. Originals: How Non-Conformists Move t -- Adam M. Grant Ph.D. -- $16.20
3. Harry Potter Magical Creatures Colori -- Scholastic -- $9.59
4. Punderdome: A Card Game for Pun Lovers -- Jo Firestone -- $12.00
5. Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop -- Michael Hyatt -- $13.53
6. Undemocratic: Rogue, Reckless and Ren -- Jay Sekulow -- $12.76
7. My Name Is Lucy Barton: A Novel -- Elizabeth Strout -- $15.60
8. Dark Money: The Hidden History of the -- Jane Mayer -- $17.97
9. Wait: A Powerful Practice for Fin -- DeVon Franklin -- $14.40
10. Doctor Who Coloring Book -- Price Stern Sloan -- $9.29
11. Glass Sword (Red Queen) -- Victoria Aveyard -- $11.99
12. Wild Diet: Go Beyond Paleo to Bur -- Abel James -- $10.99
13. Pax -- Sara Pennypacker -- $9.65
14. Morning Star: Book III of The Red Ris -- Pierce Brown -- $16.20
15. Name of God Is Mercy -- Pope Francis -- $16.87
16. Swear Word Coloring Book #2: An Adult -- Adult Coloring World -- $8.99
17. Brown Is the New White: How the Demog -- Steve Phillips -- $17.40
18. Urban Monk: Eastern Wisdom and Mo -- Pedram Shojai -- $16.39
19. Lifegiving Home: Creating a Place -- Sally Clarkson -- $9.02
20. Brotherhood in Death -- J. D. Robb -- $16.80
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 127 ms