|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|333981 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results
|Dewey Subject Codes:||006||Computers - Web Development|
While I don't think this book is the one I'd pick for my first introduction to ASP.NET, I think it just might well be the second. It's a great concept that I haven't seen before. Basically the book consists of twelve web applications that are coded in ASP.NET, these include:
* Online diary and organizer
* File share
* Chat server
* Survey engine
* Photo album
* Customer support site
* Appointment booking system
* Greeting cards
* Bug base
You can start by looking over these applications to pick up a bunch of programming techniques that these authors (who have a lot more experience in ASP.NET than I do) use in their coding. There is a pretty good chance that one of these applications might well serve as an ideal starting point for the next application you're starting on. Using this working application as a starting point you can start making changes a little at a time rather than having to start programming with a blank sheet of paper.
I'm sure that a purist programmer will say that you should start with a blank sheet, but remember that we are talking about beginning to intermediate users. The publisher calls this series of books 'Programmer to Programmer.' Here you have a trio of pros showing how it should be done. The pro programmers in your organization don't have the time to work with the beginners.
Of course there's a CD with all the code so you don't have to re-type it.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Children's Chapter Books
This list was prepared on 12/23/14 at 00:48:03
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid Box of Books 1-8 + The Do-It-Yourself Book -- Jeff Kinney -- was:
2. Maze Runner Series (Maze Runner) -- James Dashner -- was:
3. Rush Revere and the American Revolution -- Rush Limbaugh -- was:
4. Four: A Divergent Collection -- Veronica Roth -- was:
5. Heroes of Olympus Paperback 3-Book Boxed Set -- Rick Riordan -- was:
6. Hunger Games Box Set: Foil Edition -- Suzanne Collins -- was:
7. Dork Diaries Box Set (Book 1-3) -- Rachel Renée Russell -- was:
8. Giver Quartet boxed set -- Lois Lowry -- was:
9. Percy Jackson and the Olympians 5 Book Paperback Boxed Set (new covers ... -- Rick Riordan -- was:
10. Harry Potter Hard Cover Boxed Set: Books #1-7 -- J. K. Rowling -- was:
Children's Chapter Books are books aimed at a children's audience that is more advanced than the short 'booklet' type stories but which is not quite ready for the more advanced 'Young Adult' level.
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 12/27/14 at 01:13:55
1. Dungeon Master’s Guide (D&D Core Rule -- Wizards RPG Team -- $29.97
2. Saga Volume 4 -- Brian K. Vaughan -- $12.43
3. Living Well, Spending Less: 12 Secret -- Ruth Soukup -- $11.37
4. First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2015 ( -- Vikas Bhushan -- $47.50
5. 20/20 Diet: Turn Your Weight Loss -- Phil McGraw -- $15.60
6. Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiogr -- Laura Ingalls Wilder -- $29.35
7. Sons of Anarchy: The Official Collect -- Tara Bennett -- $17.97
8. Tom Clancy Full Force and Effect (A J -- Mark Greaney -- $17.60
9. Bulletproof Diet: Lose up to a Po -- Dave Asprey -- $16.19
10. Rosie Effect: A Novel -- Graeme C. Simsion -- $17.76
11. World Almanac and Book of Facts 2015 -- Sarah Janssen -- $8.53
12. Here -- Richard McGuire -- $21.00
13. Boston Girl: A Novel -- Anita Diamant -- $15.76
14. Pogue’s Basics: Essential Tips and Sh -- David Pogue -- $17.99
15. Strange Library -- Haruki Murakami -- $9.90
16. Frugal Paleo Cookbook: Affordable -- Ciarra Hannah -- $13.49
17. Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Si -- Molly Gilbert -- $11.37
18. Burn: Why Your Scale Is Stuck and -- Haylie Pomroy -- $17.77
19. Storied Life of A. J. Fikry: A Novel -- Gabrielle Zevin -- $9.45
20. Hard Limit (Hacker Series Book 4) (Vo -- Meredith Wild -- $12.60
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 40 ms