|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|244756 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
Basic Game Design & Creation for Fun & Learning (Game Development S
|Dewey Subject Codes:||005||794|
This is a welcome addition to the game development bookshelf. It is oriented to having youngsters begin designing games. If you have a young boy or girl, and they are into playing games on a PC, this book is intended to get them into designing their own games.
The book uses, and supplies a copy on the CD-ROM, Game Maker software. This is a 2D game development system that allows for the creation of games without requiring programming. Building a game, hoever, is not unlike programming. You have to define what the characters look like, you have to define what they can do. You are doing a lot of the same logic that programming requires.
Perhaps your little game player can be made into a game maker. And just possibly he or she will learn something about computers while they are developing their own game. Possibly this will give them an introduction into what they want to do later in life, not necessarily design games, but almost any task in the computer industry.
I know of no other books that take this approach, and I like it.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 4/22/14 at 00:56:13
1. Heaven is for Real -- Lynn Vincent -- was:
2. Lone Survivor -- Marcus Luttrell -- was:
3. Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife -- Eben Alexander III M. D. -- was:
4. Monuments Men -- Bret Witter -- was:
5. Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness -- Susannah Cahalan -- was:
6. Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business -- Charles Duhigg -- was:
7. Outliers: The Story of Success -- Malcolm Gladwell -- was:
8. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking -- Susan Cain -- was:
9. Thinking, Fast and Slow -- Daniel Kahneman -- was:
10. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail (Vintage) -- Cheryl Strayed -- was:
11. Empathy Exams: Essays -- Leslie Jamison -- was:
12. Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal -- Mary Roach -- was:
13. Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison -- Piper Kerman -- was:
14. Girls of Atomic City -- Denise Kiernan -- was:
15. How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character -- Paul Tough -- was:
16. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) -- Mindy Kaling -- was:
17. Wolf of Wall Street (Movie Tie-in Edition) -- Jordan Belfort -- was:
18. Glass Castle: A Memoir -- Jeannette Walls -- was:
19. New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness -- Michelle Alexander -- was:
20. Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks -- Rebecca Skloot -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 4/24/14 at 01:15:18
1. Fault in Our Stars -- John Green -- $7.98
2. Fighting Chance -- Elizabeth Warren -- $16.80
3. Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt -- Michael Lewis -- $16.77
4. Smart Money Smart Kids: Raising the N -- Dave Ramsey -- $14.99
5. Minecraft: Redstone Handbook: An Offi -- Scholastic -- $6.47
6. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Living wit -- Julie Staffen -- $12.41
7. Target (Will Robie) -- David Baldacci -- $16.51
8. Everybody’s Got Something -- Robin Roberts -- $18.15
9. Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Co -- Ina Garten -- $21.00
10. Gone Girl: A Novel -- Gillian Flynn -- $9.18
11. Skinny Meals: Everything You Need to -- Bob Harper -- $13.20
12. Divide: American Injustice in the -- Matt Taibbi -- $15.26
13. Pride Over Pity -- Kailyn Lowry -- $12.70
14. Top Secret Twenty-one: A Stephanie Pl -- Janet Evanovich -- $16.96
15. Hungry Girl Diet: Big Portions. B -- Lisa Lillien -- $15.27
16. Bridge to Haven -- Francine Rivers -- $16.43
17. Pigeon Needs a Bath! -- Mo Willems -- $10.74
18. Clean Green Drinks: 100+ Cleansing Re -- Candice Kumai -- $17.18
19. End of Dieting: How to Live for Life -- Joel Fuhrman -- $16.19
20. Learning to Walk in the Dark -- Barbara Brown Taylor -- $14.99
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 9 ms