|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|288204 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
PHR Exam Prep: Professional in Human Resources (Exam Cram)
Cathy Lee Gibson
|Dewey Subject Codes:||006||Computers - Certification|
The practice of Human Resources has changed dramatically over the past few years. New laws and court cases have dramatically changed not only how you act in an HR position, but even how you think. In part the Professional in Human Resources is a direct result of these changes. Instead of simply appointing someone to be in charge of HR, companies are now looking for professionals to starff the department.
The PHR test is one result. Having passed the test is a clear indication to an employer that the job candidate has treated this as a profession, not just a job.
The PHR test is, when it comes right down to it, a test, a written test. There are 225 multiple choice questions with four choices each. The test is designed to measure your underlying knowledge and your ability to apply that knowledge to practical situations. But above all else, it is a test, and in part is measuring your ability to pass a test without freezing up and to understand how tests are written.
This book is, in turn, designed to help you pass the test. It contains sample tests to show you the format and style you will be seeing. It contains questions of the same type as on the real test to show you the kind and depth of material you need to know. It has a CD-ROM with a sample test that gives detailed explanations of correct and incorrect answers.
This book, diligently applied, will enable you to pass the test.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 7/22/14 at 00:55:35
1. Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison -- Piper Kerman -- was:
2. Boys in the Boat -- Daniel James Brown -- was:
3. Heaven is for Real -- Lynn Vincent -- was:
4. Outliers: The Story of Success -- Malcolm Gladwell -- was:
5. Glass Castle: A Memoir -- Jeannette Walls -- was:
6. Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife -- Eben Alexander III M. D. -- was:
7. Lone Survivor -- Marcus Luttrell -- was:
8. Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier -- Ishmael Beah -- was:
9. Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls -- David Sedaris -- $17.00
10. Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business -- Charles Duhigg -- was:
11. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) -- Mindy Kaling -- was:
12. Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity -- Katherine Boo -- was:
13. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking -- Susan Cain -- was:
14. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail (Vintage) -- Cheryl Strayed -- was:
15. Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks -- Rebecca Skloot -- was:
16. Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates -- Wes Moore -- was:
17. Thinking, Fast and Slow -- Daniel Kahneman -- was:
18. Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness (English and English Edition) -- Susannah Cahalan -- was:
19. Freakonomics -- Steven D. Levitt -- was:
20. Lawrence in Arabia -- Scott Anderson -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 7/24/14 at 01:19:00
1. Four: A Divergent Collection (Diverge -- Veronica Roth -- $11.05
2. Business Adventures: Twelve Classic T -- John Brooks -- $10.19
3. Book of Life: A Novel (All Souls -- Deborah E. Harkness -- $17.29
4. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Sur -- Laura Hillenbrand -- $9.84
5. Seconds: A Graphic Novel -- Bryan Lee O’Malley -- $15.00
6. Heist: A Novel (Gabriel Allon) -- Daniel Silva -- $16.93
7. Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set: Fanta -- Wizards RPG Team -- $12.65
8. 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose U -- J. J. Smith -- $12.77
9. Player’s Handbook (Dungeons & Dragons) -- Wizards RPG Team -- $29.97
10. Act of War: A Thriller -- Brad Thor -- $16.77
11. Heroes of Olympus Book Five: The -- Rick Riordan -- $11.35
12. Soul of All Living Creatures: Wha -- Vint Virga D. V. M. -- $9.51
13. Blood Feud: The Clintons vs. the Obamas -- Edward Klein -- $16.79
14. Clinton, Inc.: The Audacious Rebuildi -- Daniel Halper -- $18.64
15. Gray Mountain: A Novel -- John Grisham -- $17.36
16. Mockingbird Next Door: Life with -- Marja Mills -- $17.13
17. Walking Dead Volume 21: All Out W -- Robert Kirkman -- $12.73
18. Edge of Eternity: Book Three of The C -- Ken Follett -- $21.59
19. Wayfaring Stranger: A Novel -- James Lee Burke -- $16.79
20. Fantastic Laboratory of Dr. Weigl -- Arthur Allen -- $17.04
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 35 ms