|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|340718 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
Garbo: Portraits from her Private Collections
|Dewey Subject Codes:||770||Arts& Photography|
|Garbo was the greatest actress of the twentieth century. She was also voted the most beautiful woman who ever lived by the Guinness Book of World Records. This book is based on a compilation of photographs from her private collection. The photographs span a period from 1922 to the mid 1950s. Most are from her portrait sessions at MGM. Garbo collected these original prints and gave them to her family. The book has been released in honor of the centenary of Garbo’s birth. In addition to the photographs, there are two essays. One gives new insight into her early life and professional training in Sweden. It also provides an understanding of her pivotal contract dispute with MGM in 1926. The second essay explains how important portraits like these were to creating her image and sketches out the balance of her career. Even across eighty years she comes across as beautiful and sexy. The images do not have the look of so many pictures of that time. Here the hair style, the clothing, the photographic style is timeless. The quality of the printing of the photographs is absolutely first rate. This is a beautiful book.|
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Children's Chapter Books
This list was prepared on 11/3/15 at 00:48:56
1. Harry Potter Hard Cover Boxed Set: Books #1-7 -- J. K. Rowling -- was:
1. Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children Boxed Set -- Ransom Riggs -- was:
1. Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4) -- Stephenie Meyer -- was:
1. Maze Runner Series (Maze Runner) -- James Dashner -- was:
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School -- Jeff Kinney -- was:
1. Descendants: Mal’s Spell Book -- Cassandra Clare -- was:
1. Selection Series Box Set: The Selection, The -- Kiera Cass -- was:
1. Giver Quartet boxed set -- Lois Lowry -- was:
Children's Chapter Books are books aimed at a children's audience that is more advanced than the short 'booklet' type stories but which is not quite ready for the more advanced 'Young Adult' level.
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 10/22/16 at 01:14:56
1. Magnolia Story -- Mark Dagostino -- $15.87
2. Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #11) -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.92
3. Pusheen Coloring Book -- Claire Belton -- $9.20
4. Born to Run -- Bruce Springsteen -- $19.50
5. Whistler -- John Grisham -- $17.37
6. Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, -- Rick Riordan -- $11.35
7. Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Q -- Gina Homolka -- $18.00
8. Cooking for Jeffrey: A Barefoot Conte -- Ina Garten -- $21.00
9. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secre -- J. K. Rowling -- $23.99
10. Broken Way: A Daring Path into th -- Ann Voskamp -- $15.92
11. Small Great Things: A Novel -- Jodi Picoult -- $17.39
12. Two by Two -- Nicholas Sparks -- $16.20
13. Medical Medium Life-Changing Foods: S -- Anthony William -- $17.99
14. Upstream: Selected Essays -- Mary Oliver -- $15.62
15. Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routine -- Timothy Ferriss -- $16.80
16. Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on W -- Ryan Holiday -- $16.53
17. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Th -- J. K. Rowling -- $14.99
18. Appetites: A Cookbook -- Anthony Bourdain -- $23.17
19. Torch Kept Lit: Great Lives of the -- William F. Buckley -- $16.39
20. Escape Clause (A Virgil Flowers Novel) -- John Sandford -- $17.40
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 36 ms