|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|338873 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
Origin of Species
|Dewey Subject Code:||576|
Full title: On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life
Darwin, spent five years as official naturalist aboard the British ship the Beagle making a voyage around the world. This started Darwin on a career of accumulating and assimilating data that resulted in the formulation of his concept of evolution.
This book has been selected as one of the ten most significant books of the millennium by Books-on-line.
Comment By: muslim – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – September 26, 2000, 05:41
if you send me this book i'll get a great pleasure & i'll be thankfull !!!!!!!!!!! thank you !!!!
Comment By: srb – amherst, MA – September 27, 2000, 11:15
iam a regular user of ur website..this book particularly is very interesting..is it possible tosent it for free...i love to have it..
|On Line -- Click to download|
|HTML - 1859 Edition|
|HTML - 1872 Edition|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Children's Chapter Books
This list was prepared on 2/24/15 at 02:15:37
1. Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, Book 2) -- James Dashner -- was:
2. Ruby Circle: A Bloodlines Novel -- $18.99 now: $11.70
3. Insurgent (Divergent Series) -- Veronica Roth -- was:
4. Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 1 -- Jeff Kinney -- was:
5. I Totally Funniest: A Middle School Story (I Funny) -- Chris Grabenstein -- was:
6. Heroes of Olympus Book Five: The Blood of Olympus -- Rick Riordan -- was:
7. Giver (Giver Quartet) -- Lois Lowry -- was:
8. Selection -- Kiera Cass -- was:
9. Fairest: The Lunar Chronicles: Levana’s Story -- Marissa Meyer -- was:
10. Fake Snakes and Weird Wizards #4 (Here’s Hank) -- Henry Winkler -- was:
Children's Chapter Books are books aimed at a children's audience that is more advanced than the short 'booklet' type stories but which is not quite ready for the more advanced 'Young Adult' level.
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 2/28/15 at 01:13:09
1. Selp Helf -- Miranda Sings -- $14.16
2. Spring Chicken: Stay Young Forever (o -- Bill Gifford -- $16.20
3. Get What’s Yours: The Secrets to Maxi -- Laurence J. Kotlikoff -- $14.69
4. Go Set a Watchman: A Novel -- Harper Lee -- $16.79
5. Bold: How to Go Big, Create Wealth an -- Steven Kotler -- $21.17
6. Food Babe Way: Break Free from th -- Vani Hari -- $16.20
7. Spool of Blue Thread: A novel -- Anne Tyler -- $15.57
8. Nightingale -- Kristin Hannah -- $16.79
9. Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables into He -- Ali Maffucci -- $13.64
10. ISIS: Inside the Army of Terror -- Hassan Hassan -- $11.38
11. Goddesses Never Age: The Secret Presc -- Christiane Northrup -- $15.59
12. Effortless Healing: 9 Simple Ways to -- Joseph Mercola -- $15.60
13. Girl in a Band: A Memoir -- Kim Gordon -- $16.83
14. Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids -- Ron Lieber -- $13.49
15. Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the L -- Erik Larson -- $16.80
16. Buried Giant: A novel -- Kazuo Ishiguro -- $16.23
17. is for Hawk -- Helen Macdonald -- $16.87
18. Hormone Reset Diet: Heal Your Met -- Sara Gottfried -- $17.31
19. Prodigal Son: A Novel -- Danielle Steel -- $20.52
20. Turnip Princess and Other Newly D -- Maria Tatar -- $11.50
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 53 ms