|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|332444 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
Network+ Certification Passport, Second Edition
|Dewey Subject Codes:||006||Computers-Certification|
Although this book is oriented towards the passing of the CompTIA Network+ certification test, it is also an excellent introduction to networking. It can be used by anyone all of a sudden in over his head in getting a network set up and running. The text is written very straight and to the point. A lot of books of this type spend a lot of time rambling on about theory. This one doesn't.
It's clear that Mr. Meyers has a great deal of pracical experience in networking. The first indication of this was the picture at the beginning of the book showing the back end of a bunch of networked computers. You never saw such a mess of wires unless, of course, you walked into the closet/room where your servers are located. This is what most networks look like.
The one complaint about this book that I could make is that the coverage of non-Microsoft Windows based systems is pretty minimal. In part this reflects the test, which doesn't say much about these either. Still, if you have to set up a network, there's a very good chance that it will have to include a couple of Unix/Linux/FreeBSD or whatever boxes doing things like serving web pages and handling mail.
Finally, the companion CD has a complete practice examination of the format, size, and feel of the real exam.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 12/16/14 at 01:52:59
1. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption -- Laura Hillenbrand -- was:
2. Boys in the Boat -- Daniel James Brown -- was:
3. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail -- Cheryl Strayed -- was:
4. American Sniper -- Jim DeFelice -- was:
5. Brief History of Time -- Stephen Hawking -- was:
6. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking -- Susan Cain -- was:
7. Outliers: The Story of Success -- Malcolm Gladwell -- was:
8. Science of Interstellar -- Kip S. Thorne -- was:
9. Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business -- Charles Duhigg -- was:
10. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) -- Mindy Kaling -- was:
11. Heaven is for Real -- Lynn Vincent -- was:
12. Lying in Wait: Ann Rule’s Crime Files: Vol.17 -- Ann Rule -- was:
13. Thinking, Fast and Slow -- Daniel Kahneman -- was:
14. Bossypants -- Tina Fey -- was:
15. Lone Survivor -- Marcus Luttrell -- was:
16. New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness -- Michelle Alexander -- was:
17. George Washington’s Secret Six -- Brian Kilmeade -- was:
18. Heart of Everything That Is -- Bob Drury -- was:
19. Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls -- David Sedaris -- was:
20. Unlikely Heroes -- Jennifer S. Holland -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 12/18/14 at 01:15:58
1. MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps -- Tony Robbins -- $16.96
2. Hope to Die (Alex Cross) -- James Patterson -- $14.50
3. You Can’t Make This Up: Miracles, Mem -- Al Michaels -- $19.70
4. Dungeon Master’s Guide (D&D Core Rule -- Wizards RPG Team -- $29.97
5. Escape (John Puller Series) -- David Baldacci -- $14.00
6. World Almanac and Book of Facts 2015 -- Sarah Janssen -- $8.53
7. Sons of Anarchy: The Official Collect -- Tara Bennett -- $17.97
8. Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiogr -- Laura Ingalls Wilder -- $28.41
9. Tom Clancy Full Force and Effect (A J -- Mark Greaney -- $20.23
10. House of Robots -- James Patterson -- $6.00
11. 20/20 Diet: Turn Your Weight Loss -- Phil McGraw -- $15.60
12. Strange Library -- Haruki Murakami -- $11.01
13. Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sa -- Pokemon Company International -- $16.30
14. Bulletproof Diet: Lose up to a Po -- Dave Asprey -- $18.38
15. Yoda: The Story of a Cat and His Kittens -- Beth Ostrosky Stern -- $10.95
16. Boston Girl: A Novel -- Anita Diamant -- $15.60
17. Cinderella Murder: An Under Suspi -- Mary Higgins Clark -- $13.50
18. Mistletoe Promise -- Richard Paul Evans -- $11.99
19. There Was a Little Girl: The Real Sto -- Brooke Shields -- $16.25
20. Kids Stories Book About Minecraft: A -- Minecraft Library -- Null
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 52 ms