|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|232372 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
Network+ Certification Passport, Second Edition
|Dewey Subject Codes:||006||Computers-Certification|
Although this book is oriented towards the passing of the CompTIA Network+ certification test, it is also an excellent introduction to networking. It can be used by anyone all of a sudden in over his head in getting a network set up and running. The text is written very straight and to the point. A lot of books of this type spend a lot of time rambling on about theory. This one doesn't.
It's clear that Mr. Meyers has a great deal of pracical experience in networking. The first indication of this was the picture at the beginning of the book showing the back end of a bunch of networked computers. You never saw such a mess of wires unless, of course, you walked into the closet/room where your servers are located. This is what most networks look like.
The one complaint about this book that I could make is that the coverage of non-Microsoft Windows based systems is pretty minimal. In part this reflects the test, which doesn't say much about these either. Still, if you have to set up a network, there's a very good chance that it will have to include a couple of Unix/Linux/FreeBSD or whatever boxes doing things like serving web pages and handling mail.
Finally, the companion CD has a complete practice examination of the format, size, and feel of the real exam.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Fiction
This list was prepared on 3/11/14 at 13:43:41
1. Chance (Thunder Point) -- Robyn Carr -- was:
2. Hit -- David Baldacci -- was:
3. Alex Cross, Run -- James Patterson -- was:
4. Six Years -- Harlan Coben -- was:
5. Heist: A Novel (Fox and O’Hare) -- Lee Goldberg -- was:
6. Witness -- Nora Roberts -- was:
7. English Girl (Gabriel Allon) -- Daniel Silva -- was:
8. North to Alaska: That Wintry Feeling\Borrowed Dreams -- Debbie Macomber -- was:
9. Dance with Dragons: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Five -- George R. R. Martin -- was:
10. Tell Me -- Lisa Jackson -- was:
11. Vampire Most Wanted: An Argeneau Novel (Argeneau Vampire) -- Lynsay Sands -- was:
12. Ender’s Game (The Ender Quintet) -- Orson Scott Card -- was:
13. Eye of God (Sigma Force) -- James Rollins -- was:
14. Until the End of Time: A Novel -- Danielle Steel -- was:
15. Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) -- George R. R. Martin -- was:
16. NYPD Red -- James Patterson -- $10.00
17. Racketeer: A Novel -- John Grisham -- was:
18. Girl Missing (Previously published as Peggy Sue Got Murdered): A Novel -- Tess Gerritsen -- was:
19. Come a Little Bit Closer (The Sullivans) -- Bella Andre -- was:
20. Star Trek: The Original Series: No Time Like the Past -- Greg Cox -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 3/12/14 at 01:13:05
1. Rush Revere and the First Patriots: T -- Rush Limbaugh -- $12.64
2. 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in -- Dan Harris -- $16.43
3. Overwhelmed: Work, Love, and Play Whe -- Brigid Schulte -- $19.09
4. Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox -- Mark Hyman M. D. -- $18.12
5. Dark Souls II Collector’s Edition Str -- Future Press -- $20.99
6. Lawrence Zarian’s Ten Commandments fo -- Lawrence Zarian -- $14.99
7. Story of the Jews, The: Finding the -- Simon Schama -- $25.29
8. Invent It, Sell It, Bank It!: Make Yo -- Lori Greiner -- $15.81
9. Walking Dead Volume 20: All Out W -- Robert Kirkman -- $11.93
10. Uganda Be Kidding Me -- Chelsea Handler -- $15.87
11. Rush Revere and the First Patriots: T -- Rush Limbaugh -- $11.69
12. Being a Teen: Everything Teen Girls & -- Jane Fonda -- $12.28
13. Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hun -- Suzanne Collins -- $8.21
14. Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Arc -- Brandon Sanderson -- $17.89
15. Success Through Stillness: Meditation -- Russell Simmons -- $12.04
16. Elements of Style: Designing a Home a -- Erin Gates -- $26.26
17. Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 V -- Angela Liddon -- $16.21
18. Shadow Spell: Book Two of The Cousins -- Nora Roberts -- $9.98
19. Final Fantasy X-X2 HD Remaster Offici -- BradyGames -- $17.17
20. Jo Frost’s Toddler Rules: Your 5-Step -- Jo Frost -- $10.40
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 8 ms