|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|244756 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
Effective Oracle Database 10g Security by Design
|Dewey Subject Codes:||006||Computer Databases|
Sub-Title: Design and Administer a Rock-Solid Security Plan for Your Oracle Database -- Computer Bks - Data Base Management, Computer Books: Database, Computer Data Security, Computers, Database Management - General, Database Management - Oracle, Relational Databases, Security, Computers / Database Management / General
It would be easy to be secure if all the data were in one room, there were no connections to the outside world (well I guess you have to have power coming in, but that's all), and there were no people who knew the data.
Unfortunately that's not the real world. Breaking the German and Japanese codes during World War II would have been meaningless if that information wasn't used to sink the submarines, divert the convoy, or be ready at Midway.
The situation hasn't changed, but the integral capabilities of the Oracle database itself have. As security has gotten ever more important, the steps you need to take get every more complex. At the same time, the users of your data can't be expected to agree, they have a job to do and if security systems prevent them from doing their job they will find ways to bypass or ignore the security system.
This book can be read on two levels. First it is an excellent primer on security in general. Second it is Oracle centric so that anyone responsible for security on an Oracle based system need go no further.
Note that the Foreward is by David Carey, former Executive Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. It is generally believed that a big contract from the CIA was Oracle's first major success. The implication is that the CIA worked with Oracle to develop the security system discussed here. If the CIA says it's good enough....
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Advice
This list was prepared on 4/22/14 at 00:41:13
1. ObamaCare Survival Guide -- Nick Tate -- was:
2. 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts -- Gary Chapman -- was:
3. Beauty Detox Foods -- Kimberly Snyder -- was:
4. What to Expect When You’re Expecting, 4th Edition -- Heidi Murkoff -- was:
5. Gifts of Imperfection -- Brené Brown -- was:
6. Forks Over Knives - The Cookbook -- Isa Chandra Moskowitz -- was:
7. Eat to Live -- Joel Fuhrman -- was:
8. Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You -- Jessica Alba -- was:
9. Clean -- Expanded Edition -- Alejandro Junger -- was:
10. Happiness Project -- Gretchen Rubin -- was:
11. Practical Paleo -- Diane Sanfilippo BS NC -- was:
12. Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself -- Michael A. Singer -- was:
13. To Heaven and Back -- Mary C. Neal -- was:
14. Outsource Smart -- Daven Michaels -- was:
15. From Mama’s Table to Mine -- BobDeen -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 4/24/14 at 01:15:18
1. Fault in Our Stars -- John Green -- $7.98
2. Fighting Chance -- Elizabeth Warren -- $16.80
3. Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt -- Michael Lewis -- $16.77
4. Smart Money Smart Kids: Raising the N -- Dave Ramsey -- $14.99
5. Minecraft: Redstone Handbook: An Offi -- Scholastic -- $6.47
6. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Living wit -- Julie Staffen -- $12.41
7. Target (Will Robie) -- David Baldacci -- $16.51
8. Everybody’s Got Something -- Robin Roberts -- $18.15
9. Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Co -- Ina Garten -- $21.00
10. Gone Girl: A Novel -- Gillian Flynn -- $9.18
11. Skinny Meals: Everything You Need to -- Bob Harper -- $13.20
12. Divide: American Injustice in the -- Matt Taibbi -- $15.26
13. Pride Over Pity -- Kailyn Lowry -- $12.70
14. Top Secret Twenty-one: A Stephanie Pl -- Janet Evanovich -- $16.96
15. Hungry Girl Diet: Big Portions. B -- Lisa Lillien -- $15.27
16. Bridge to Haven -- Francine Rivers -- $16.43
17. Pigeon Needs a Bath! -- Mo Willems -- $10.74
18. Clean Green Drinks: 100+ Cleansing Re -- Candice Kumai -- $17.18
19. End of Dieting: How to Live for Life -- Joel Fuhrman -- $16.19
20. Learning to Walk in the Dark -- Barbara Brown Taylor -- $14.99
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 12 ms