|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|339704 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
Robin Williams Cool Mac Apps : A guide to iLife, Mac.com, and more
|Dewey Subject Codes:||006||Computer Hardware|
Apple And Macintosh Graphics And Sound, Application software, Computer Animation, Computer Bks - Apple / Macintosh, Computer Books: Operating Systems, Computer Graphics - General, Computers, Hardware - Personal Computers - Macintosh, Macintosh (Computer), Operating Systems - Macintosh, Computers / Operating Systems / Macintosh
Billed as 17 manuals in one book, this book contains what are effectively stant alone manuals for:
iLife: iPhoto, iTunes, iMovie, and iDVD
OS X: Mail, Address Book, iCal, iChat and Rendezvous, and Safari
.Mac: iDisk, HomePage, WebMail, Backup, iSync, Slides Publisher, and Virex
More: AppleWorks Word Processing, Database, Spreadsheet, Painting, Drawing, and Presentation, plus OmiGraffle, FAXstf, and Inkwell.
The nice thing about an overall book like this one is that you get a quick overview, enough to get started on any of these applications. It may turn out that you want individual books on some of them, but if you don't know what they do you won't know if you need that application or not.
The book is written with a nice mix of technical with commentary that explains what that particular application is trying to do. Highly recommended.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Hardback - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 8/25/15 at 01:36:52
1. Between the World and Me -- Ta-Nehisi Coates -- was:
1. You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost): A Memoir -- Felicia Day -- was:
1. Wright Brothers -- David McCullough -- was:
1. Modern Romance -- Aziz Ansari -- was:
1. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End -- Atul Gawande -- was:
1. Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania -- Erik Larson -- was:
1. Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life -- William Finnegan -- was:
1. My Fight / Your Fight -- Ronda Rousey -- was:
1. Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and -- Holly Madison -- was:
1. Road to Character -- David Brooks -- was:
1. Full Life: Reflections at Ninety -- Jimmy Carter -- was:
1. Voices in the Ocean: A Journey into the Wild and -- Susan Casey -- was:
1. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a -- Ashlee Vance -- was:
1. Oregon Trail: A New American Journey -- Rinker Buck -- was:
1. Billion Dollar Spy: A True Story of Cold War -- David E. Hoffman -- was:
1. Sick in the Head: Conversations About Life and Comedy -- Judd Apatow -- was:
1. Adios, America -- Ann Coulter -- was:
1. Yes Please -- Amy Poehler -- was:
1. What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd -- Randall Munroe -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 8/30/15 at 01:23:31
1. Girl in the Spider’s Web: A Lisbe -- David Lagercrantz -- $16.00
2. For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a -- Jen Hatmaker -- $12.90
3. Day the Crayons Came Home -- Drew Daywalt -- $11.72
4. Rising Strong -- Brené Brown -- $15.88
5. Purity: A Novel -- Jonathan Franzen -- $14.67
6. Plunder and Deceit -- Mark R. Levin -- $16.20
7. It IS About Islam: Exposing the Truth -- Glenn Beck -- $8.81
8. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.92
9. Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel -- Lee Child -- $16.27
10. X (A Kinsey Millhone Novel) -- Sue Grafton -- $17.37
11. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: -- Piggyback -- $21.48
12. i>clicker+ Remote (with 6 month REEF -- iclicker -- $41.75
13. Shepherd’s Crown (Tiffany Aching) -- Terry Pratchett -- $10.65
14. i>clicker 2 Remote (with 6 month REEF -- iclicker -- $60.99
15. Wake: A Novel -- Paul Kingsnorth -- $8.84
16. Lost Ocean: An Inky Adventure and Col -- Johanna Basford -- $11.61
17. Queen of Shadows: Throne of Glass 4 -- Sarah J. Maas -- $11.39
18. Aftermath: Star Wars: Journey to Star -- Chuck Wendig -- $16.80
19. November Nine -- Colleen Hoover -- $8.59
20. Fervent: A Woman’s Battle Plan to Ser -- Priscilla Shirer -- $10.05
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 39 ms