|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|317582 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
Nightly Business Report Presents Lasting Leadership: What You Can Learn fr
|Dewey Subject Codes:||650||Business & Investing|
Sub-Title: What You Can Learn from the Top 25 Business People of our Times -- Nightly Business Report is the most watched daily business show on television. In this book they worked with Wharton to identify and try to bring to light the management rules of the top twenty-five business leaders in the country. Their selection included people from virtually every line of business: Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Lou Gerstner and Andy Grove from the high tech area. John Bogle, Peter Lynch and George Soros of finance management. Peter Drucker, Alan Greenspan and many more.
A surprising point in a book from a business school - John Bogle (Vanguard Group) says, (reworded slightly) your search for some kind of a leaderhip formula is apt to end in frustration. You can study painting, English, or science, but you don't get very many Michelangelo's, Shakespeare's, or Einstein's. Perhaps people are leaders because they choose to lead. Andy Grove says much the same thing.
It kind of backs up my own thoughts about my MBA. They can teach one to be a good staff support to a leader, but leadership is something else. You can even train junior leaders. But to start a Dell or an Amazon takes something different.
That something different is perhaps hard to define, but the stories of these people clearly show that they had a vision and an ability to pass on their leadership ideals to others. It makes for fascinating reading.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 10/21/14 at 00:57:46
1. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption -- Laura Hillenbrand -- was:
2. Boys in the Boat -- Daniel James Brown -- was:
3. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail -- Cheryl Strayed -- was:
4. Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business -- Charles Duhigg -- was:
5. Heaven is for Real -- Lynn Vincent -- was:
6. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking -- Susan Cain -- was:
7. Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison -- Piper Kerman -- was:
8. Heart of Everything That Is -- Bob Drury -- was:
9. Still Foolin’ ’Em -- Billy Crystal -- was:
10. Bad Feminist: Essays -- Roxane Gay -- was:
11. American Sniper -- Jim DeFelice -- was:
12. Thinking, Fast and Slow -- Daniel Kahneman -- was:
13. Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus -- Richard Preston -- was:
14. Outliers: The Story of Success -- Malcolm Gladwell -- was:
15. Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates -- Wes Moore -- was:
16. Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness -- Susannah Cahalan -- was:
17. New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness -- Michelle Alexander -- was:
18. Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth -- Reza Aslan -- was:
19. Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls -- David Sedaris -- $17.00
20. Bossypants -- Tina Fey -- $9.00
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 10/23/14 at 01:23:24
1. Heroes of Olympus Book Five: The -- Rick Riordan -- $11.35
2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.86
3. Book with No Pictures -- B. J. Novak -- $11.11
4. Killing Patton: The Strange Death of -- Martin Dugard -- $18.00
5. Gray Mountain: A Novel -- John Grisham -- $17.01
6. Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Co -- Ina Garten -- $21.00
7. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matte -- Atul Gawande -- $18.67
8. Rush Revere and the American Revoluti -- Rush Limbaugh -- $12.85
9. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: -- Thug Kitchen -- $14.61
10. Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman -- Lena Dunham -- $16.80
11. Top Ten Things Dead People Want t -- Mike Dooley -- $14.67
12. World of Ice & Fire: The Untold H -- George R. R. Martin -- $29.98
13. Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Ca -- Gina Homolka -- $17.55
14. Minecraft: Construction Handbook: An -- Scholastic -- $5.97
15. Leaving Time: A Novel -- Jodi Picoult -- $16.80
16. Minecraft: The Complete Handbook Coll -- Scholastic -- $21.13
17. As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from -- Cary Elwes -- $15.91
18. Yes Please -- Amy Poehler -- $17.85
19. Innovators: How a Group of Hacker -- Walter Isaacson -- $21.00
20. Value Proposition Design: How to Crea -- Alexander Osterwalder -- $21.00
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 47 ms