|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|318498 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
|Dewey Subject Codes:||812||F||Fiction|
|Movie Script - They don't really make many romantic comedies like Notting Hill anymore--blissfully romantic, sincerely sweet, and not grounded in any reality whatsoever. Pure fairy tale, and with a huge debt to Roman Holiday, Notting Hill ponders what would happen if a beautiful, world-famous person were to suddenly drop into your life unannounced and promptly fall in love with you. That's the crux of the situation for William Thacker (Hugh Grant), who owns a travel bookshop in London's fashionable Notting Hill district. Hopelessly ordinary (well, as ordinary as you can be when you're Hugh Grant), William is going about his life when renowned movie star Anna Scott (Julia Roberts) walks into his bookstore and into his heart. After another contrived meet-cute involving spilled orange juice, William and Anna share a spontaneous kiss (big suspension of disbelief required here), and soon both are smitten. The question is, of course, can William and Anna reconcile his decidedly commonplace bookseller existence and her lifestyle as a jet-setting, paparazzi-stalked celebrity? (Take a wild guess at the answer.) Smartly scripted by Richard Curtis (Four Weddings and a Funeral) and directed by Roger Michell (Persuasion), Notting Hill is hardly realistic, but as wish fulfillment and a romantic comedy, it's irresistible. True, Roberts doesn't really have to stretch very far to play a big-time actress who makes $15 million per movie, but she's more winning and relaxed than she's been in years, and Grant is sweetly understated as a man blindsided by love. Together, in moments of quiet, they're a charming couple, and you can feel her craving for real love and his awe and amazement at the wonderful person for whom he has fallen. The only blight on the film is its overbearing pop soundtrack, though Elvis Costello's heart-wrenching version of "She" gets poignant exposure. With Rhys Ifans as Grant's scene-stealing, slovenly housemate and Alec Baldwin in a sly, perfectly cast cameo.|
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Movie Script - Download|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Children's Chapter Books
This list was prepared on 10/21/14 at 00:11:59
1. Maze Runner Series (Maze Runner) -- James Dashner -- was:
2. Dork Diaries 8: Tales from a Not-So-Happily Ever After -- Rachel Renée Russell -- was:
3. Giver (Giver Quartet) -- Lois Lowry -- was:
4. Insurgent (Divergent) -- Veronica Roth -- was:
5. Percy Jackson and the Olympians 5 Book Paperback Boxed Set (new covers ... -- Rick Riordan -- was:
6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck, Book 8 -- Jeff Kinney -- was:
7. Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies) -- Pittacus Lore -- was:
8. Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000 -- Dav Pilkey -- was:
9. Spirit Animals: Book 4: Fire and Ice -- Shannon Hale -- was:
10. Spirit Animals: Book 3: Blood Ties -- Garth Nix -- was:
Children's Chapter Books are books aimed at a children's audience that is more advanced than the short 'booklet' type stories but which is not quite ready for the more advanced 'Young Adult' level.
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 10/25/14 at 01:21:03
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.86
2. Heroes of Olympus Book Five: The -- Rick Riordan -- $11.35
3. Book with No Pictures -- B. J. Novak -- $11.37
4. Gray Mountain: A Novel -- John Grisham -- $17.37
5. Rush Revere and the American Revoluti -- Rush Limbaugh -- $12.85
6. Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up -- Marie Kondo -- $10.71
7. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: -- Thug Kitchen -- $14.61
8. Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Co -- Ina Garten -- $21.00
9. World of Ice & Fire: The Untold H -- George R. R. Martin -- $29.98
10. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matte -- Atul Gawande -- $18.67
11. Me, Inc.: Build an Army of One, Unlea -- Gene Simmons -- $16.20
12. Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman -- Lena Dunham -- $16.80
13. Good Dog: True Stories of Love, Loss, -- David DiBenedetto -- $15.28
14. Minecraft: Construction Handbook: An -- Scholastic -- $5.81
15. Minecraft: The Complete Handbook Coll -- Scholastic -- $20.52
16. Cook’s Illustrated Meat Book: The -- Editors at Cook’s,ILL41 -- $24.00
17. Top Ten Things Dead People Want t -- Mike Dooley -- $15.78
18. Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Ca -- Gina Homolka -- $17.55
19. Yes Please -- Amy Poehler -- $17.85
20. As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from -- Cary Elwes -- $15.95
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 42 ms