|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|313761 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
Going Digital: The Practice and Vision of Digital Artists
|Dewey Subject Code:||771|
There was a time when artists bread and butter work was painting true to life pictures: portraits, battle scenes, ships, landscapes. With the advent of photography, art changed to other forms, some of which bore no recognizable appearance of anything known to anyone but the artist.
With the advent of digital photography and the necessary software to manipulate images, digital artists began to move in the way of the painters. Their digital images are formed by the manipulation of multiple images, of changes that can be made down to the bit level if desired.
This book explores digital art. While as of yet this is not well received by the conventional art community, it is a sign of coming times. Specifically in this book the same three specific images have been given to seventeen artists to use to illustrate what they might create. The procedures they followed to create new images coming from these three seed images are documented. The results are wildly different between the resulting pictures.
This is the forefront of digital art.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|No free version found, see below.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Fiction
This list was prepared on 9/30/14 at 02:47:05
1. Sycamore Row: A Novel (Jake Brigance) -- John Grisham -- was:
2. Gone Girl -- Gillian Flynn -- was:
3. Best of Me -- Nicholas Sparks -- was:
4. Outlander -- Diana Gabaldon -- was:
5. Dust (A Scarpetta Novel) -- Patricia Cornwell -- was:
6. Mayan Secrets (A Fargo Adventure) -- Clive Cussler -- was:
7. Final Cut (A Nicholas Drummond Thriller) -- Catherine Coulter -- was:
8. Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander) -- Diana Gabaldon -- was:
9. Homecoming (Thunder Point) -- Robyn Carr -- was:
10. W is for Wasted (Kinsey Millhone Mysteries) -- Sue Grafton -- was:
11. Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire) -- George R. R. Martin -- was:
12. 12th of Never (Women’s Murder Club) -- James Patterson -- $15.00
13. Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) -- George R. R. Martin -- was:
14. To Love and Protect: Shadow Chasing\For All My Tomorrows (Count on a Cop) -- Debbie Macomber -- was:
15. King and Maxwell (King & Maxwell) -- David Baldacci -- $10.00
16. Winter of the World: Book Two of the Century Trilogy -- Ken Follett -- was:
17. Inferno (Robert Langdon) -- Dan Brown -- was:
18. Voyager (Outlander) -- Diana Gabaldon -- was:
19. Walk Among the Tombstones, Movie Tie-in Edition (Matthew Scudder) -- Lawrence Block -- was:
20. Hot Zone (Rainshadow) -- Jayne Castle -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 10/1/14 at 09:59:29
1. Heroes of Olympus Book Five: The -- Rick Riordan -- $11.35
2. Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman -- Lena Dunham -- $16.80
3. Killing Patton: The Strange Death of -- Martin Dugard -- $18.00
4. Terrible and Wonderful Reasons Wh -- The Oatmeal -- $10.74
5. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.86
6. Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Ca -- Gina Homolka -- $17.93
7. What If?: Serious Scientific Answers -- Randall Munroe -- $14.40
8. Monster Manual (D&D Core Rulebook) -- Wizards RPG Team -- $29.97
9. Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or Ho -- Peter A. Thiel -- $16.20
10. Edge of Eternity: Book Three of The C -- Ken Follett -- $20.72
11. People Tools for Business -- Alan Fox -- $12.66
12. Minecraft: Construction Handbook: An -- Scholastic -- $7.99
13. Book with No Pictures -- B. J. Novak -- $10.86
14. Gray Mountain: A Novel -- John Grisham -- $17.37
15. Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Co -- Ina Garten -- $21.00
16. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: -- Thug Kitchen -- $14.99
17. Mystery of the Shemitah: The 3,00 -- Jonathan Cahn -- $10.40
18. How We Got to Now: Six Innovations Th -- Steven Johnson -- $18.98
19. How to Cook Everything Fast: A Better -- Mark Bittman -- $23.02
20. Captivated By You (A Crossfire Novel) -- Sylvia Day -- $9.99
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 24 ms