|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|340679 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
Revolutions of the Heavenly Bodies
|Dewey Subject Code:||521|
The foundation of modern astronomy. The first modern European theory of planetary motion that was heliocentric, i.e., that placed the sun motionless at the center of the solar system with all the planets, including the earth, revolving around it. The work of Copernicus was the basis for first Kepler's laws of planetary motion and subsequently Newton's embracing theory of universal graviton. In 1616 the Roman Catholic Church denounced the work of Copernicus as dangerous to faith, and for publishing research that supported Copernicus Galileo was sentenced to house arrest for the remainder of his life.
This book has been selected as one of the ten most significant books of the millennium by Books-on-line.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|HTML Files- Download|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
Hardback - Advice
This list was prepared on 11/3/15 at 00:58:56
1. Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese -- Marie Kondo -- was:
1. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear -- Elizabeth Gilbert -- was:
1. Do Unto Animals: A Friendly Guide to How Animals -- Tracey Stewart -- was:
1. Rising Strong -- Brené Brown -- was:
1. Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your -- Joel Osteen -- was:
1. Wake Up Happy: The Dream Big, Win Big Guide to -- Michael Strahan -- was:
1. Agents of Babylon: What the Prophecies of Daniel -- David Jeremiah -- was:
1. 20/20 Diet: Turn Your Weight Loss Vision Into -- Phil McGraw -- was:
1. 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts -- Gary D Chapman -- was:
1. Good Profit: How Creating Value for Others Built -- Charles G. Koch -- was:
1. Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science -- J. Kenji López-Alt -- was:
1. Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think -- Brene Brown -- was:
1. What to Expect When You’re Expecting, 4th Edition -- Heidi Murkoff -- was:
1. NOPI: The Cookbook -- Yotam Ottolenghi -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 9/27/16 at 01:09:59
1. Born to Run -- Bruce Springsteen -- $19.50
2. Killing the Rising Sun: How America V -- Bill O’Reilly -- $18.00
3. Love Warrior (Oprah’s Book Club): A M -- Glennon Doyle Melton -- $15.59
4. Skinnytaste Fast and Slow: Knockout Q -- Gina Homolka -- $18.00
5. Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #11) -- Jeff Kinney -- $7.92
6. Designing Your Life: How to Build a W -- Bill Burnett -- $14.67
7. Atlas Obscura: An Explorer’s Guide to -- Joshua Foer -- $21.00
8. Ghosts -- Raina Telgemeier -- $6.55
9. Alton Brown: EveryDayCook -- Alton Brown -- $23.82
10. Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, -- Rick Riordan -- $11.35
11. Cooking for Jeffrey: A Barefoot Conte -- Ina Garten -- $21.00
12. Commonwealth -- Ann Patchett -- $16.79
13. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secre -- J. K. Rowling -- $23.99
14. Ada Twist, Scientist -- Andrea Beaty -- $10.77
15. Sale of a Lifetime: How the Great -- Harry S. Dent -- Null
16. Fever Code (Maze Runner, Book Fiv -- James Dashner -- $12.34
17. Life Well Played: My Stories -- Arnold Palmer -- $17.85
18. Home -- Harlan Coben -- $14.99
19. Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: -- Mark Manson -- $14.36
20. Seasoned Life: Food, Family, Fait -- Ayesha Curry -- $15.48
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 38 ms