|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|333931 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble
FADE TO BLACK
|Dewey Subject Codes:||813||F||Fiction||M||Mystery|
Introducing Gilda Liberty and her eccentric movie-mad family . . .
If the cameras had been rolling when eighty-two-year-old film legend Mae Liberty ascended to that big movie studio in the sky, she would have won her second Oscar. After all, her dying word was Rosebud. But now her funeral in Hollywood is drawing raves--not to mention the threat of blackmail, a case of arson, and an uninvited corpse.
On the scene are Mae's infamously eclipsed twin sister, three generations of the loony Liberty lineage, and her niece Gilda--the sole voice of reason in this odd acting dynasty. Gilda left Tinseltown years ago, hoping never to return. Now she has become the reluctant heir to a crumbling legacy: the Paradise, a once-opulent movie palace that has preserved not only Mae's memories--but her secrets as well. With the aid of a seasoned private eye, Gilda soon discovers a tangled family plot hidden in every frame of Mae's illustrious past. And scene by scene, it's unreeling toward a fatal...FADE TO BLACK.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 12/16/14 at 01:52:59
1. Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption -- Laura Hillenbrand -- was:
2. Boys in the Boat -- Daniel James Brown -- was:
3. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail -- Cheryl Strayed -- was:
4. American Sniper -- Jim DeFelice -- was:
5. Brief History of Time -- Stephen Hawking -- was:
6. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking -- Susan Cain -- was:
7. Outliers: The Story of Success -- Malcolm Gladwell -- was:
8. Science of Interstellar -- Kip S. Thorne -- was:
9. Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business -- Charles Duhigg -- was:
10. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) -- Mindy Kaling -- was:
11. Heaven is for Real -- Lynn Vincent -- was:
12. Lying in Wait: Ann Rule’s Crime Files: Vol.17 -- Ann Rule -- was:
13. Thinking, Fast and Slow -- Daniel Kahneman -- was:
14. Bossypants -- Tina Fey -- was:
15. Lone Survivor -- Marcus Luttrell -- was:
16. New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness -- Michelle Alexander -- was:
17. George Washington’s Secret Six -- Brian Kilmeade -- was:
18. Heart of Everything That Is -- Bob Drury -- was:
19. Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls -- David Sedaris -- was:
20. Unlikely Heroes -- Jennifer S. Holland -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 12/25/14 at 01:04:54
1. Hope to Die (Alex Cross) -- James Patterson -- $14.50
2. Dungeon Master’s Guide (D&D Core Rule -- Wizards RPG Team -- $29.97
3. Saga Volume 4 -- Brian K. Vaughan -- $9.56
4. First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2015 ( -- Vikas Bhushan -- $47.50
5. Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiogr -- Laura Ingalls Wilder -- $28.02
6. Sons of Anarchy: The Official Collect -- Tara Bennett -- $18.32
7. Here -- Richard McGuire -- $31.50
8. 20/20 Diet: Turn Your Weight Loss -- Phil McGraw -- $15.60
9. World Almanac and Book of Facts 2015 -- Sarah Janssen -- $8.53
10. Tom Clancy Full Force and Effect (A J -- Mark Greaney -- $17.60
11. Bulletproof Diet: Lose up to a Po -- Dave Asprey -- $16.19
12. Pogue’s Basics: Essential Tips and Sh -- David Pogue -- $17.99
13. Boston Girl: A Novel -- Anita Diamant -- $15.60
14. American Sniper [Movie Tie-in Edition -- Jim DeFelice -- $12.79
15. House of Robots -- James Patterson -- $9.90
16. Strange Library -- Haruki Murakami -- $9.90
17. Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Si -- Molly Gilbert -- $11.37
18. Moriarty -- Anthony Horowitz -- $17.09
19. Girl Online: The First Novel by Zoella -- Zoella),Zoe Sugg (aka -- $12.46
20. Keeper: A Life of Saving Goals an -- Tim Howard -- $18.95
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 34 ms