|BOL Home Page||N-BIP Home Page||Browse by Subject||Author/Title Search|
|206063 Free Books - FREE newsletter - No Ads - Go Here!|
Printed Books are offered for
sale In Association with:
Amazon.com -- Barnes & Noble -- Abe Books
FADE TO BLACK
|Dewey Subject Codes:||813||F||Fiction||M||Mystery|
Introducing Gilda Liberty and her eccentric movie-mad family . . .
If the cameras had been rolling when eighty-two-year-old film legend Mae Liberty ascended to that big movie studio in the sky, she would have won her second Oscar. After all, her dying word was Rosebud. But now her funeral in Hollywood is drawing raves--not to mention the threat of blackmail, a case of arson, and an uninvited corpse.
On the scene are Mae's infamously eclipsed twin sister, three generations of the loony Liberty lineage, and her niece Gilda--the sole voice of reason in this odd acting dynasty. Gilda left Tinseltown years ago, hoping never to return. Now she has become the reluctant heir to a crumbling legacy: the Paradise, a once-opulent movie palace that has preserved not only Mae's memories--but her secrets as well. With the aid of a seasoned private eye, Gilda soon discovers a tangled family plot hidden in every frame of Mae's illustrious past. And scene by scene, it's unreeling toward a fatal...FADE TO BLACK.
|On Line -- Click to download|
|Click here to tell us about a bad link.|
|Vendor's Home Page 1||eBook Readers 2||Book Info 3||New ISBN 4|
New York Times Best Seller Category:|
PaperBack - Non-Fiction
This list was prepared on 12/3/13 at 01:50:46
1. Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife -- Eben Alexander III M. D. -- was:
2. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking -- Susan Cain -- was:
3. Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison -- Piper Kerman -- was:
4. Outliers: The Story of Success -- Malcolm Gladwell -- was:
5. Devil in the White City -- Erik Larson -- was:
6. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail (Vintage) -- Cheryl Strayed -- was:
7. America the Beautiful: Rediscovering What Made This Nation Great -- Ben Carson -- was:
8. How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character -- Paul Tough -- was:
9. Thinking, Fast and Slow -- Daniel Kahneman -- was:
10. Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness -- Susannah Cahalan -- was:
11. Heaven is for Real -- Lynn Vincent -- was:
12. Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks -- Rebecca Skloot -- was:
13. Glass Castle: A Memoir -- Jeannette Walls -- was:
14. Unlikely Loves: 43 Heartwarming True Stories from the Animal Kingdom -- Jennifer S. Holland -- was:
15. Jesus > Religion -- Jefferson Bethke -- was:
16. American Sniper -- Jim DeFelice -- was:
17. Lone Survivor -- Marcus Luttrell -- was:
18. Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power -- Jon Meacham -- was:
19. World Until Yesterday: What Can We Learn from Traditional Societies? -- Jared Diamond -- was:
20. When Will the Heaven Begin?: This Is Ben Breedlove’s Story -- Ally Breedlove -- was:
Recently Released New Books
This list was prepared on 12/5/13 at 01:10:36
1. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Hard Luck, Book 8 -- Jeff Kinney -- $6.98
2. George Washington’s Secret Six: The S -- Brian Kilmeade -- $13.98
3. Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, -- Doris Kearns Goodwin -- $24.00
4. Miracles and Massacres: True and Unto -- Glenn Beck -- $16.20
5. First Phone Call from Heaven: A N -- Mitch Albom -- $12.50
6. Command Authority (A Jack Ryan Novel) -- Tom Clancy -- $16.90
7. Takedown Twenty: A Stephanie Plum Novel -- Janet Evanovich -- $14.00
8. Cross My Heart (Alex Cross) -- James Patterson -- $14.50
9. Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthi -- Rick Warren -- $15.32
10. Miss Kay’s Duck Commander Kitchen: Fa -- Kay Robertson -- $13.49
11. Let Me Off at the Top!: My Classy Lif -- Ron Burgundy -- $11.00
12. Gods of Guilt (Lincoln Lawyer) -- Michael Connelly -- $16.13
13. What Does the Fox Say? -- Ylvis -- $10.91
14. Staying Strong: 365 Days a Year -- Demi Lovato -- $10.79
15. King and Maxwell (King & Maxwell) -- David Baldacci -- $15.55
16. Giada’s Feel Good Food: My Healthy Re -- Giada De Laurentiis -- $16.70
17. You Herd Me!: I’ll Say It If Nobody E -- Colin Cowherd -- $13.00
18. Double Down: Game Change 2012 -- John Heilemann -- $17.97
19. Valley of Amazement -- Amy Tan -- $17.99
20. My Promised Land: The Triumph and Tra -- Ari Shavit -- $17.71
You may want a copy of this book in the form of a planar cellulose information
retrieval system, i.e. a printed book. They make good gifts, and are more familiar
to most of us than electronic copies. But finding a printed copy of a book is
sometimes difficult. This section is intended to give you some help by making it
easy to use the more common ways of searching.
1 The first column consists of links to the home pages of the biggest suppliers of books by mail: Amazon and Barnes & Noble. These two suppliers have mostly new books, and their new book inventory probably has an overlap of something like 90%, but this does not mean that they both have exactly the same price. Both of them also list used books from outside suppliers, and the used book inventories are usually quite different. ABE Books is a loose grouping of some 17,000 independent bookstores that list their inventory in a common database - most of these are used books that vary from just issued best sellers to rare and antique books.
From all three home pages you can do searches, look at comments, check prices of both new and used copies, look at various formats such as hardback, paperback, eBook formats and much more.
2 The second column has links to Barnes & Noble and Amazon pages describing their new eBook Readers. These have become very popular lately as they allow the purchase of new books and textbooks at prices lower than the printed copies, and in a format that many people find attractive.
3 Clicking on the links in the third column sends you to the supplier along with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number) of the book described on this page if we have been able to find that number. Note that an ISBN refers to a specific edition of a book. Thus a single book might have many ISBNs: Hardback edition, softback, large print, foreign language and so on. Usually the book listing on B & N or Amazon will have links to the other editions that are available.
4 Is our ISBN wrong, or perhaps missing all together. Help us out. Search on B&N and Amazon. If you find one, please let us know. Enter the thirteen (Barnes & Noble) or ten (Amazon) digit number (no dashes) in the boxes above and click on the Submit ISBN button. The numbers shown in the boxes are the numbers we have on file, or zero if we haven't found one.
© Books-On-Line, January 22, 1997; Last Revised December 17, 2012 – Processing Time: 6 ms